Please help

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi all, please help me....

my beautiful sister who is 41 was admitted to hospital 3 weeks ago after bad acid reflux and vomiting. At first  they thought it was a gastro bug but my sister was going down hill fast with no diagnosis. I managed to meet with a consultant at the hospital who told us she has cancer of the liver, and a mass and large amount of fluid in the stomach area. 

we then was told today is stomach cancer that has spread linitis plastica and they have said it’s aggressive and she won’t make a few weeks let alone chemo as she is to unwell. 

I don’t know by reaching out to you that will help and I’m desperate for any ideas to help my sister get the best possible treatment and beat this. The hospital have already wrote her off, and I can’t. She is only 41. 
she is so thirsty and I am running ice and ice lolly’s to the ward. 

Can anyone recommend anything any one that can help me get a second opinion. The palliative care nurse has said. I won’t get a second opinion. 

but the gastro doctor that  knows my sister said absolutely not get her strong get her treatment. 

tomorow she is having an op to put a drain in the side of her tummy and a feeding tube.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 
a life that’s living deserves a chance right?

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your sister has been diagnosed with stomach cancer and, although I didn't have the same type of cancer, I know what a worrying and difficult time this will be for you.

Yours sisters MDT (multidisciplinary team) will have decided what treatment is best for your sister using national guidelines but she could ask for a second opinion if she's unhappy with the proposed plan. I've added a link here about how to go about getting a second opinion.

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to suggest that you might also like to join the family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and get support.

If you'd like to join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your sister's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• You can always get a second opinion either way.

There is no harm in doing that. 

Absolutely it does :) Keep positive and keep fighting