Add Aspirin

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi All

Just a question for anyone taking part in the add aspirin trial, I started taking the run in tablets about 3 weeks ago and for the past few days I’ve a burning sensation like acid in my throat, I’m wondering if the aspirin could be irritating things or if that’s just part and parcel of the plumbing after TG?

my nurse said it’s normal after TG 5 1/2 months ago and I’ve had the odd little episode but this has been solid now for 4 days, gavisgon isn’t helping. 

Any thoughts? 

Lou x

• Lou

Sorry to hear that. I haven’t had that but I had a partial gastrectomy so it is different.

Hope it clears up!

xx

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Hi Lou, 

I had a TG n had a burning sensation just once - cold milk helped me - nurse suggested Gaviscon but it went after the cold milk. I had an uncomfortable night just recently as well so maybe it is just the new plumbing.

I have finished my 8 week run in of Aspirin tablets and didn't have problems with it. 

4 days is a long time - maybe get in touch with your nurse again. I hope it clears soon

Nita

• Hi I am trying to locate anyone in the Add Asprin trial as I will join in after chemo stops later this year. I am currently 9/30 for rectal cancer.

The time I had burning in my throat after taking a specific medicine I was told I was intolerant to it, so suggest you get checked. If the Asprin is coated it might just be the coating.

Haven't found anyone else in either the bowel or chemo groups, so will join your group to keep in touch with trial people!

Mary

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a total gastrectomety and I’m having the tablet since december no problems at all but if you have this sensation for that long I suggest you speak with the add-aspirin team, they are there for you to help and answer any questions you have. Hope it is just this once and you feel better soon