Newbie: ABNORMAL PAP TEST

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi! I am 25 years old who was born in a foreign country and just moved here in America a year ago with my husband. We did our yearly check up and was surprised to get a Pap Test ordered by my family doctor. Of course, I had no preparations and all. Unknowingly my husband and I had an intercourse on Saturday, which was Two days before the conducted Pap Test. Results came back after two days and my doctor's assistant has called me since my result came out as POSITIVE for Abnormal cells. Few days past, I received another call from my doctor's assistant that my Pap test is positive for Abnormal cells and was also HPV Positive. I got so scared and felt so worried because it was literally my first time to hear this news. they scheduled me with an OBGYN and did test... I had Colposcopy and they did a biopsy of the samples which were taken from my cervix. Then he told me to come back this week for the discussion of the result on biopsy. He told me that the result of the biopsy was NORMAL then explained to me the choices that I could do.  HE SAID I COULD: (1) COME BACK AFTER SIX MONTHS TO DO ANOTHER PAP TEST TO SEE IF THERE ARE CHANGES IN MY PAP TEST RESULT; (2) DO A SURGERY CALLED "CONIZATION OF CERVIX" WHERE HE WILL TAKE A PART OF MY CERVIX TO DO MORE TEST IN ORDER TO FIGURE OUT THE REAL CAUSE OF MY ABNORMAL CELLS... HE EXPLAINED TO ME THAT I MAY NOT HAVE A LEEP SURGERY SINCE THERE WERE NO ABNORMAL CELLS FOUND IN MY CERVIX DURING THE COLPOSCOPY.

I AM VERY WORRIED WITH THIS. IF EVER THERE ARE SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO SHARES THE SAME SENTIMENTS, PLEASE COMMENT AND GIVE ME INSIGHTS.

* ANOTHER THING IS, DO YOU THINK THE INTERCOURSE WITH MY HSUBAND TWO DAYS BEFORE MY TEST HAS AFFECTED MY PAP TEST?

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about the ongoing tests you are having.

These tests can bring a lot of stress, confusion and many questions but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot.

I see that you have posted in our very supportive Cervical cancer group, this is a good place as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

We are not medically trained and some of your questions need professional advice - we do have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge