"Months not years"

• 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers

The oncologist told us a few weeks back that my husband had months rather than years live. I don't belive this prognosis as my hubby doesn't seem 'ill' enough. Is this a normal reaction? Shouldn't I feel devistated and be weeping and wailing all over the place. I haven't really cried since his diagnosis with prostate cancer 4 years ago.  This makes me feel like a cold uncaring wife which I am not. We have been together for 49 years, since I was 16 and I cannot even contemplate life with out him. 

• I can't cry either, I really don't know why and so I really don't know. Just wanted to say that you are not alone. I was never allowed to cry as a child, could that be why? 

I also think that it is a coping, or survival mechanism, I try not to think too much, full stop. I try and deal with each day as it comes, there really is no point in doing anything elsa. It's strange, because before all this that is exactly what I used to do. As for prognosis, who knows, the doctors don't know everything, they aren't always right. It is an estimate and that is all. Keep your chin up and seize the day xx

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

We have had a similar diagnosis, my husband has just started chemo and immune therapy, not as a cure but maybe extend his life a little.  My husband looks well and is still active and eating well. I can’t believe that they have the right person.  Contrary to you I can’t stop crying.  

I don’t know how I will live without him, indeed I don’t want to

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

We have had a similar diagnosis, my husband has just started chemo and immune therapy, not as a cure but maybe extend his life a little.  My husband looks well and is still active and eating well. I can’t believe that they have the right person.  Contrary to you I can’t stop crying.  

I don’t know how I will live without him, indeed I don’t want to