Partner just diagnosed with sinus cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

My partner has been told he has sinus cancer, because of where it is he can’t have surgery, he can have radiotherapy to control it, they say it’s not terminal but it incurable, I’m so confused and scared, I’m new to all this and suffer with depression and anxiety, could some please give me some advice...

• Hi ,

sorry to hear about your partner, and the worry this has caused you. Well done on finding the community. My wife's cancer is very different but also incurable, the good news is her cancer is stable - a definite gold standard for us where we are living with cancer.

While detailed medical answers can only come from your partners doctors they appear to suggest that this cancer is not one that is going to lead to death anytime in the foreseeable future. They are suggesting some treatment that will slow down/stop if growing and they are likely to want to monitor for some time to come. 

Are you seeing your GP about the depression and anxiety, obviously this news might mean you need more support too in order to be the best help you can be for your partner.

Other than that just a big virtual hug.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to src60

Thank u for ur reply, I am straggling right now, I’m going to see my doctor and see if I can get some local support, sorry to hear ur in a simalar situation, I’m new to this page so any help is grateful received x