Going back into hospital for a procedure

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

So my husband has been home from hospital 2 weeks after a rather odd episode (TIA), I’m convinced it was all the worry & anxiety of being cancelled for his Liver Embolisation. We were told today a new date would be Wed next week admission 1 week, so he will be in hospital all over Easter. This is his 5th new date & I hope & pray they do not cancel him again..... planning work, juggle juggle kids half term & taking my leave to look after him (again) when he gets home. 

All I do is cancel things, conferences which I love 3 cancelled, holiday to Greece family, cancelled.... holiday to a friends 50th Spain, cancelled, birthday dinner friends, cancelled endless more... feeling rather selfish but after 6 1/2 years I’m sooo tired & frustrated & can never see an end in site. Am I being selfish? 

• Hi and Welcome to Carers.

No, you're not being selfish. We all get bogged down sometimes. I've only been a carer for just over two years, but that's two years without a holiday, not even a weekend and driving, driving, driving, to appointments, treatment, check ups. My husband and I share a black sense of humour; it helps. One author referred to her response to being diagnosed as 'having an executioner's sense of humour'. She is a devout Christian who 'took up swearing (at her friends) for lent' as a means of handling it all. I reckon if someone like that can need such an outlet we all can feel ok with feeling totally fed up. Shout, yell, rant and rave at the wall. Mind you, I tried that one and the dog went berserk; she seemed to think I was being attacked by the wall and couldn't work out how to help. No your'e not being selfish.

Love and hugs,

LoobyLou
    If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish. 

Click here to see how to add details to your profile. It helps everyone to see a little about you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LoobyLou49

Thank you for that which made me laugh, especially the dog!

you are so right driving & driving.... 6 1/2 years he’s been battling this disease.... but must carry sadly no other choice for him! 

Good luck x

• My real carer duties haven't started, reading your stories I am in awe of you all, what amazing people you are, selfish? Never, human yes.  Xxx

Love is eternal