Struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 68 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I lost my husband in June during lock down to bowel cancer. It's now 5 months on and I'm still finding it very hard to accept. With all these restrictions it's difficult to try and move forward. My parents live abroad so seeing them is a no no. I miss him terribly and can't see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm told it will get easier.  Michelle X 

• LOL!!! binging on junk and chocolate!!! It's having more or less the same meal/sandwich day in day out if you've bought a ready cooked chicken!! I had so much chicken 1 week I thought I as going to start clucking!!!!  Chicken And when using the slow cooker for a casserole I thought I was going to start Mooing!!!!  Cow LOL!!!  

Nice to see old names on here, it's been pretty quiet lately and I have missed the chit-chat Smirk Welcome Mishmash and keep posting any old thing LOL! Some1 will pipe-up xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ellie 73

Hi Ellie 

how are you have you been for a check up lately are the boys still helping with the big jobs   I do read the posts Ellie do not say a lot me been working still on days been fishing Fishing pole and fish  I just keep plodding along but I’m sleeping better now  but you are right about them never coming home as much as we would like that to happen I took me a long time to realise that 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

Hello Bootsyd 

the slow cooker I found a smaller one in the cupboard we use to take on fishing holidays  only get get couple of meals out of it Joy 

don’t you miss the beinge eating buy two big bars of chocolate Chocolate bar eat them both  any way I did 

did you go to the gym I read the post  how is the counselling going 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Martin,

No I haven't had the binge eating to be honest I'm not eating much at all Frowning2️.  We should have been away in June and September. Yes you do pull yourself together again. Some days it's harder than others. But we do it. I'm sure the cooking is fine Grin. I'm going through the cake baking stage. Everyone has one but no don't eat any of them. They love me at work.lol.

Michelle. 

• FormerMember

Hi Michelle 

you cook for yourself dinner look at and don’t really want it’s not the same eating by yourself  try and eat breakfast then you will eat lunch I have porridge in the morning then I eat lunch  it’s boring but you have to get into a routine 

Diane’s cooking was great mine is terrible I’m honest about that Iceland do a really nice toad in the hole and ready to cook spuds I’m good Blush

remember to eat and keep busy and in a routine and keep venting on here 

and eat some of your cakes 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

I know what your saying is true. We both loved cooking. My Steve was a lorry driver and untill the last 6 months was away all week. So we used to make the most of cooking weekends. No unles like you say Iceland do it or it comes out if a packet I don't cook much. I do cook when my son comes over ( Steve's step son). God breakfast not at 4 am. Lol. But I know what you mean. And you will get better at it. Practice makes perfect as they say. I'm 100% sure your Diane would be proud of you.

Take care

Michelle. X 

• FormerMember

Hi Michelle 

I am hgv 1 driver too but I only do days did nites for a week trunking that to some pressure off me a lot more easier 

she use to moan at me you home late again we eat late every nite lol she was like you up 430 do the early shift at work 

may be food out the packet is easier for now for me I can do the ironing housework washing with out turning anything a funny colour now lol  

I Hope Diane’s proud of me in the beginning I had very dark days  and had them for months by like say we are all on here for each other 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Im not sure about yourself but Steve didn't know anything else than to drive a truck. He loved his truck. Had everything on it inside and out. Before I met him he used to do the flower markets in Holland. I met him when he was driving car transporters. Diane would be very proud of you. Keeping whites white is hard enough job at the best of times. Yes dark days and thoughts. But it's great to know we are all here for eachother.

Take care

Michelle X 

• Hi Martin

Glad to see you, was wondering how you was doing, glad you are still going forward even if like me it is still one foot in front of the other.

I seem to be going backwards this week, it hit me that this is real life and he is not coming home.

Though bootsyD made me laugh yesterday when i said, Tom always wanted to be scattered on the M25, and she came back with, well you will know where he is as its always at a standstill or gridlocked/

I stil

l have him at home, and cannot make up my mind where he would like to rest, i am sorry i cannot do the M25.

I do not come here as much now, but i always reply to newbies, as i was in there place and some one was there for me.

So pleased to hear from you, and make sure you pop in now and then.

You Take Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember

Hi Michelle

the whites I turned pink once lol 

ive been driving trucks since I was 20  now I’m 54 diesel in the vains you could say I know no better 

steve had a lot of responsibilities driving a car transporter  I have wort for the same company for 30 years in December lol 

take care 

Martin x