Jewellery with ashes

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Has anyone had a ring made using ashes? I have looked on the internet & there’s so many places that I wondered if anyone here can recommend a particular company? I’d like something a little different maybe a Celtic knot or entwined bands. 

I’m not coping at all well, my husband only passed 5 weeks ago & we were inseparable, I’m in tears all the time. So I don’t want to rush into buying something that’s badly made.

• Hi I lost my husband nearly 3 years ago we have a daughter 20 at the time and a son 16 at the time and we all had jewellery 2 pendants and a ring they were made at Ashes into glass in Essex very professional I haven’t taken my necklace off since I had it and it’s still amazing. We took his ashes down To Essex and you Can either book to watch it being made or leave the ashes with them and they send your jewellery when it’s done. I absolutely love my pendant I have a part of him with me always and it brings me great comfort. Their work is amazing, they aren’t cheap but the craftsmanship is excellent. And the price is irrelevant. Sorry for your loss, I would like to say it gets easier but I’m afraid you just learn to live with it. Sending Love to you Helen xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kernowp first of all so sorry for your loss but we all help each other on this forum because we know how we are all feeling. I lost my lovely Ron 4 years go and I miss him so much. I had a lovely ring with some of his ashes in and I also had his St Christopher altered with some of his ashes put inside. Even my daughters had heart shape necklaces with some of their Dads ashes inside. The jeweller who did them is Chris Parry he will do anything you want he designs jewellery his self. He is in Kent but if you find him on the web you can see all his work. You don’t have to go there if you can not get there all the information is on his website. We are so pleased with our jewellery because it means my lovely husband and the girls Dad is with us all the time. Sending love and hugs to you. Xx Carol xxx

• Hi Kernowap

I haven't personally but a friend has a ring from ashes into glass I think. It is ok but she said it was pricey and she thinks she should have shopped around. There is s lovely place in Bath that one of the lively ladies on here recommended. The jewelry was a little different but I loved the garden orb. Sorry I can't remember who it was now. I scattered Ric recently but kept a few ashes because I wasn't sure what to do about jewellery, still.arent! 

Shop around I would say..

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Morning

I would also second Ashes into Glass, my daughter has a ring engraved with a special message of her choosing. It wasn’t the cheapest but the quality is very good, I think if you decide to have jewellery made what ever you choose definitely do your homework- personally I think I’d rather pay a little more for a quality product as you only do it once rather than have regrets- there is some awful stuff online. 

Sarah xx

• Hi Kernowp,

i didnt have rings made  A Necklace and paperweight,   from Ashes to glass for my parents. But for Jerry i used Bath Aqua glass, as they did more unique jewellery. I have a beautiful necklace which i wear and a fabulous garden ornament. Myself and my two sons can spend time in the garden with him we all find it very comforting. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to puddle fish

Thank you all for your recommendations, I will take at look at the sites & some others before I make my decision . I know I just want something really special so I can keep my wonderful husband with me always. 

Im hoping to get photo frames with an inset heart with ashes & “love Dad” in his handwriting on a photo for our children, they wouldn’t wear jewellery I haven’t found anywhere yet so again if anyone can recommend a site I’d be grateful . 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hello again Kernowp Just to let you know that when we had our jewellery done which was perfect in every way. We had my Ron"s own writing put on the jewellery we can"t believe how clever Chris Parry was it so lovely seeing Rons writing. Hope all these messages help you. We know how having jewellery with Ron"s ashes and his own writing on them was so comforting. Love and hugs to you xx  Carol xxx

• FormerMember

Oh my goodness Carol, that sounds wonderful. I’ll definitely look at his website. Thank you for taking the time to reply .

Love & a virtual hug KP xx

• Love this idea too, Carol x

• FormerMember

It is wonderful to have this lovely jewellery made by Chris Parry. He has his own shop and of course on line. We were blown away with Ron"s writing as well. He can do anything so I am sure he could do what you want to do with Photo frames. We rang him and spoke to him and he was so helpful with what we wanted. I pray you get what you want for you and your family having Ron"s ashes gives us all so much comfort. xxxx   Carol xxxx