Overwhelmed again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 94 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Woke this morning  having been dreaming that my husband and i were travelling to London but we were in different cars, i parked but then i could not find him. I had no phone signal to ring him. I think this was the worst that i have felt since he died on 12th January. Just when i think i am doing ok things like this dream happen and i just hate this. Lots of well meaning people advise keeping busy but when you do stop it just feel like running into a brick wall. Thank you for listening.

Wishing peace and comfort for all in this group. xxxxx    

• Alison,

Are you sure you don't get paid if you're advised to go off work? Government are saying you will get paid. I know we are getting 10 weeks full pay and 2 weeks holiday pay if we are advised to go off for 12 weeks. Might be worth checking out.

Not worth risking your health and worrying your kids if there is an alternative.

I do know how you feel, I worry if anything happens to me my kids will be alone. My 2 brothers live 100 miles away plus another one in Portugal and my dad is 250 miles away. I do miss having family around even though I have a great circle of friends.

Night all. Ali x

• Hi Ali,

I will check it out on Monday with my line manager but I have only been there 6 months! 

You are made to feel guilty if you are a nurse to be sick at all!!! Really feel stressed by it, which will automatically make my asthma bad!!! I actually work there because it is a better environment, not heavy as I have had my hip replaced, no nights as that worsens the asthma and no weekends, not so much of a worry! And it is surgery because we all hate medical nursing!!! 

None of us are pleased and I don't want to look like I am getting out of it! Some of the others are in the at risk groups too!!! Which is why we all work there! Hopefully I can do something else for a while at least! 

My two can.isolate, Paul will work from home and Hannah has finished school! My parents have isolated..

The whole situation is pretty dismal and it is terrible how you were treated. I guess you work in retail. Honestly they should be grateful we all turn up to work!

Have a good weekend everyone

Love and hugs xxx

• Hi Martin,

Yes I am off the weekend. So I will relax all I can. I am taking my daughter for a rook piercing this am! Compensation for not doing her GCSES! Lol. 

Yes I am an experienced nurse and I would really be expected to be front line! It is not anything like the job I actually do now though! We are all fed up by it! I will talk to my manager Monday. I think the matron is pretty understanding, it is a Nuffield hospital and she is ultimately one of the most senior management.

One girl had isolated for 12 weeks with asthma. But I have not been there more than 6 months! 

I will see how it goes for now. 

Have a good weekend yourself

Love and hugs xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison 

So they will understand may be keep you away from cv 19 cases they must look after their stuff well being aswell   Speak your matron on Monday    And try to have good weekend  with your family  I’m off fishing this afternoon. Gets me out of the flat 

Take care enjoy your weekend 

Martin x