I Have Done It

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Well yesterday has gone, and it was not as bad as i was expecting, it was different,

My hubby has been gone 9 weeks now and its the first time in 53 years i was on my own Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning, but i done it.

I never stopped talking to him about every thing, the kids, the grandchildren

and yes it was Christmas.

It felt like he was here with me and i felt at ease, i always get up every morning and say its another day to get threw., and i do some how.

I have read everyone's threads  and relate to them all.

I have not spoke or seen anyone today, and its been a long day, but tomorrow is another day and my Son is coming down from Lincoln, i have not seen him since the funeral.

I hope we can all find peace in the coming days and know if not this group does understand, what we are going threw.

Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• Can I say well done. 

It is just another day but the significance of the celebrations are somewhat lost on us all. We can only do our best.

I'm glad you talked to your husband all day, it is a comfort isn't it. I try to imagine my husband's replies, sometimes it's just a roll of the eye and it makes me smile.

I will never stop missing him and wishing things were different but we just have to make the best of it.

I hope you have a lovely time with your son, it's bound to be emotional.

Take care 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Your post sounds positive and as though the holidays were ok for you. A happy new year and lots of peace!

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.