Loss

• 16 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi Glynfree. I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. It is such early days for you.. my wife passed away on 16 July just over 3 months ago , like you we were always together and did everything together. She also died in her own bed at home what she wanted. The first two and half months I couldn’t eat , sleep hardly even talk and couldn’t stop crying. But the loneliness and emptiness was the worst part. Now I can eat ok but have no real motivation to cook for just one person. The dr put me on anti depressants which helped a bit.

But just over 3 months the loneliness is as bad as ever I don’t think I will ever get over that. And the future is scary to think about

This forum and the people on it have helped me enormously, everyone here has been through what we have so they all understand.

How long were you married for . For me it was 43 years and I have 3 adult sons who have helped me a lot. . But it will never be the same.

Take care. Mike  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yes I live near Northampton. We are a train ride from each other. Would be happy to meet.  Perhaps we could exchange email

Or Facebook details to correspond ??BlushBlush

• FormerMember

This website confuses me but I hope to reply and say yes. I would love to chat with someone who is in a similar situation.  For goodness sake!  Lets help each otherBlush

• FormerMember

Hi. Finally got to your post. I love in small village outside Northampton!  Are we allowed to exchange a mobile number? Would like to chatWink

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I lost my husband on 1st October just 6 weeks ago.   It still seems like a bad dream. We were together for 40 years.  My only way of coping at present is to be with other people and be active.   I can push the hurt away for a while.   I would like to meet others in a similar situation for friendship.  I went out last night to a local event and it seemed to me everyone was a couple. How I envied them.   Just feel awful lonesome 

• Hi hubble it is a very hard time for you my wife passed about 5months ago and I still feel out of place everyone seems to be a couple post on here when you feel like it  everyone is in the same boat and you will always get an answer it has been very helpful to me

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

Thank you it is good to know I am not completely alone x