Life my way!

• on top of the hillxxx

FormerMember
    FormerMember

on top of the hill..........

Hi everyonexx

First, just wanted to say a big thank you to Jenni Butler, and to everyone who sent me such lovely birthday messages yesterday ( I did type this last night but fell asleep just before the end and lost my blog somewhere in cyber space!)

Anyway, I had a lovely day. Got up to discover that hubby had turned my living room into a pink paradise of balloons, streamers and banners…

• bring back the morphine!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Well, mums distric nurses decided to try her on Fentanyl patches instead of the morphine by syringe driver (not sure why as it was giving quite effective pain relief). Anyway overnight on Sunday/monday she had on her first patch, and at 11am yesterday the pump was removed.

Yesterday was horrendous!! Mum was climbing the wall with pain by the evening, very confused and with very upset stomach ( as she is not eating…

• Fridays ......what happened to that Friday feeling!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Once upon a time, I used to wake up on a Friday and think "great, its Friday!". I want that feeling back!! and not even eating a crunchie will help (lol!) as I am on a very strict deny myself everything sort of diet until my party next week!!!!!    Diet that should have started about 9 months ago, left to 2 weeks before birthday!!  I am definately going to still be fat and 40, but oh well!! ( I  piled on 

• a poem to put cancer in it's place!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A poem I wrote today...

Unwelcome caller...

This dreaded thing called cancer knocked upon our door one day.

We tried to say that we're not home, so sorry,go away!

But cancer wouldn't listen,uninvited in it came.

We knew that from that moment on, our lives were not the same.

Cancer then got settled, and made itself at home

It decided to take a look around and have a little roam.

"Please don't," we said…

• feeling down today.........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday was another chaotic day, and for some reason I just feel like crying today!!

Didnt start well, got a phonecall when I was getting ready to go to mums with my best friend, from my stepmum. My dad was in hospital, having collapsed on Sunday night!! Dad has been quite unwell over last few years after  MRSA entered his bloodstream following a hip operation and almost killed him. Anyway, apparently he was very confused…