Life my way!

• what now?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

its 3.30am and Im just back from hospital. Mum has been admitted tonight and docs thinks she has had a stroke caused by tumours having spread to brain.

Mum wasnt great today then went strange this afternoon, she couldnt seem to swallow saliva etc. Got ambulance tonight ,had to take her to local a&e dept, Shes meant to be going into hospice tomorrow and she didnt want anyone to call ambulance as she knew she'd end up…

• home and emotional

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Been a rollercoaser of emotions this week. After my birthday/party/mums birthday last weekend, Mum has been getting weaker each day just as I had feared. Then on Tuesday I was admitted to hospital as my brittle asthma had become so severe that I couldnt ignore it any longer (had been in a downward spiral for a week and had been trying hard to just get on with it).

Anyway  , I phoned my sister from hospital yesterday…

• stuck in hospital

FormerMember
    FormerMember

HHHi AM STUCK IN HOSPITAL AS MY ASTHMA IS PLAYING UP!GOT ADMITTED ON TUESDAY AND AM TYPING ON HUBBYS FONE SO SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES.MuM GETTING ADMITTED TO MARIE CURIE HOSPICE AS SOON AS THEY HAVE A BED SO BEEN A HORRID WEEK STUCK IN HERE.MISSING BEING ABLE TO TALK TO EVERYONE ON HERE ABOUT IT. HOPING TO BE HOMME TOMORROW SO WILL GET BACK O - HOPE EVERYONES DOING OKAYXXX SHARONN

• my grief is unique ..a poem by mex

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Please don't try to tell me that you know just how I feel

When I'm trying very hard, pretending none of this is real

Please do not compare me to the girl who lives next door,

Your friend's auntie or a cousin, and theres always many more.

I know that you all mean well, but in my grief I am unique

No one else can have these feelings, those I find so hard to speak

I wish that I could tell you what my…

• mums birthday, happy birthday mum!!xx

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Party last night went really well, all my family and freinds helped make it a lovely night. I really missed Mum being there but I knew that she would have been in a alot of discomfort if she had made the journey.

Had a few vodkas and danced till my feet were sore,asthma was playing up so sounded a bit like one of those adult chat lines whenever I spoke , heavy breathing etc lol!! But really enjoyed the night. Had to…