Life my way!

• mum can still surprise me!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Mum had good night, slept for 4 hours then after 2 hrs awake slept for another 4 which was fab!! Think she had missed her own bed.Stent still quite painful but her consultant is quite happy for her to only have fortisips.(she tried mash but was sick). We didnt make it out to the garden today although the sun was shining. 

She is too weak to manage stairs on her own now, and my stepdad has taken over showering…

• mum is home!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Well today has been quite a day! First my mother-in-law got home from hospital (although she still has a septic joint that apparently could cause septicaemia again at any time and her foot looks like a balloon with sausages attached !!!) Then my nephew got home as well, hopefuly all sorted for now.

Heres the biggie........Mum got home!! Docs  told her not to worry if she can't eat despite the stent, all she needs…

• the stent today.......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Mum had her stent fitted today, seems to have gone ok so far and they have removed nasogastric tube so I hope its fine!! She's quite sore tonight, but hopefuly they will get on top of that.  Just want her to get home so that she can get to  be with her gorgeous black lab (who I'm totally allergic to but love to bits runny eyes hives and all lol! Actually both my parents who are remarried, and my brother,…

• saturday night.............(and i like the way you movel)lol!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all

Mum has had a really good day, got the nasogastric tube fitted last night then xray this morning to make sure it was in place. Increased morphine is really gettingto grips with the pain, so she is much more comfortable and chatty. As I write this she should be getting her first 12 hr feed and hopefuly its going well. and apparently it says in mums notes that she can have close family visit at any time, so Im sticking…

• friday once more..............

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well just an update on Mum today. She is now in a medical g.i ward and finally after 8 days they seem to have got the pain relief right, so thats something!! Upped her morphine pump today and what a difference it has made. She was talkative and  able to sit upright for a while for the first time in 3 weeks.

Docs are tonight putting her on nasogastric feed until they can fit a stent on Wednesday next week. This is after…