HIPEC post-op pain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hello All,

I am new here and I joined because of my father's diagnosis - stomach cancer with metastasis in the spleen, pancreas, peritoneum - stage IV. We have done 5 courses of chemotherapy (according to one of the doctors he responded well, according to another - the treatment must be changed for better result) and two weeks ago - HIPEC treatment. Until HIPEC there were no sign of metastasis in the spleen and pancreas (on the scans), the surgery was for stomach removal and when they opened him up, they discovered that the organs were fused and they cannot remove them. They've done the HIPEC treatment which was about 90 minutes and closed him. 

He is now in constant abdominal pain, the pain meds help for few hours, but he cannot sleep or eat well. 

I was wandering what is your experience with HIPEC - was there post op pain and what was the cause?

• Hi

I'm sorry to see that no one in this group has been able to come forward yet to tell you about their experiences with HIPEC. 

If you type 'HIPEC' into the search bar in this group, you will find a few previous posts which mention it. You could have a read through these, if you haven't already, and respond to any of the more recent posts if you think the original poster could help you further.

Hopefully, your dad's pain is now back under control but, if it isn't, do get him to contact his hospital team today as they would want to know about this.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your dad's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"