Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Just a quickie to say thanks to all you guys for all the advice and positivity over the last couple of months since I was diagnosed and found my way here.   I’ve had a picc line put in and had my first chemo session last week (FLOT) and so far so good. Next one is due on Friday coming.  Hopefully it’s going to go well for the next 3 rounds and then it’s the total gastrectomy which I’m dreading.  Still working (from home) for now which is keeping my mind occupied.  

If anyone is interested I’m going to blog my experiences on here, in the hope it’ll be useful to others.

So yeah, thanks basically for the support Thumbsup

• Great news! The operation is much easier than you think! I know how terrified I was before it but was back at work after six weeks! Though I didn’t have more chemo so I was lucky! Keeping as fit as possible before it really helped mentally as well as physically! 

I am now on holiday with my family- eating and drinking much as before!  Something I never thought possible when I was going through chemo!

Keep going and good luck!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Andy. Really pleased that you have started your treatment. I had a total gastrectomy in Aug 15. Although the operation is life changing it is very manageable. I now lead a near normal life. If you have any questions about the operation please feel free to msg me. In the meantime I hope all goes well with your initial treatment. 

Take care

Donna xx