HIPEC

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hello everyone

I find myself here again after many months. I unfortunately lost my husband to stomach cancer in Oct 2018.

During his treatment he had HIPEC at Basingstoke and was the first person we know that had this treatment at the same time as a sub total gastrectomy.

If anyone needs any further information on it, please feel free to get in touch x

• Hi  

Please can I offer my sincere condolences for the loss of your husband. 

I admire you for coming back here and offering to help other people who are currently dealing with stomach cancer and I wondered if you'd considered being a Community Champion for Macmillan in the stomach cancer group? If this is something that you might be interested in clicking here will give you more information including how to volunteer. However, I completely understand if you feel that this is too soon or just something that you wouldn't want to do at the moment.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello

I would love to.  This support group was invaluable to me as a carer after we found out he had stomach cancer.  From finding out information or even talking to others in the same situation, I am so glad that this group was here.

Currently I cannot give as much time as you would like but could offer a couple of hours to start with, I will fill this in on the email.

I am also going to try to get involved getting HIPEC available on the NHS.  I dont want my husband passing to be in vain x