Travel insurance for cruise to carribean

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

We had insurance for our holiday to the carribean and then unfortunately found out had to have chemo for my pancreatic cancer starting december and now a week before we are going on the cruise they have cancelled our insurance.  We have rang over 25 companies and despite everything they say on adverts they will not insure me. The one that has is saying over £4000. Does anyone have any ideas please 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

That's terrible that with only a week's notice your travel insurance company have decided to withdraw your cover! They've hardly given you any time to sort alternative cover but I do hope that you can as it sounds like a fantastic holiday.

I don't know whether you've had a chance to look through the member's stories thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Do let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi.  May I suggest you try AXA PPP for travel insurance.  They usually will cover you whatever the diagnosis providing you have the doctors permission to travel.  I think its about £400 for a years cover but that might have gone up a bit since we used it.  Good luck  

• not sure if you will see my reply below.  Try AXA PPP.  providing your doc has said its ok for you to travel you should get cover.  We have used it twice.  once for Bowel Cancer and again after a stroke.  its about £400 for a years cover.  Good luck and I hope you have a lovely holiday

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jash1958

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately they could not help. I really do not know what to do. It is the holiday of a lifetime 

• Hi

Did you follow my link to the member's stories thread and were there any companies recommended that you haven't tried? 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"