Holiday insurance - cancellation

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi. We want to book holiday for myself, hubby + son. However my mum is 81 + diagnosed with lung cancer. Radiotherapy hasn't worked and no further treatment. (Mum would not be coming on our hol)

However I'm unable to get insurance with a few companies I have rang.

I questioned insurance companies, if she became ill or passed away near to my hol. Would I be able to claim cancellation and money back. Unfortunately as it's pre-existing I'm unable to claim. 

Can anyone help please. 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has lung cancer and, as a result, you're struggling to find travel insurance  to cover you.

Unfortunately, I think you'll find it very difficult to find an insurer who will insure you for curtailment or cancellation if your mum's condition becomes worse.

I've had a look through previous posts here for the type of cover you want and found this thread, this one and this one which were also asking about cover for non travelling relatives. I don't know if any of the posters eventually got travel insurance, as they didn't respond, but you could reply to them and ask.

You could also look through this thread, as it has recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance, and there may be a company listed here that will cover you and you haven't tried yet. If you do obtain insurance it would be really useful if you could add your recommendation to this thread and, if you don't, it would be really helpful to know for others who come along asking the same question.

Most people suggest that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to complete an online quote. 

I wish you all the best and hope that you can obtain the travel insurance you need.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you very much. I have rang around a few but no such luck. 

I just feel sorry for my son and feel letting him down without a hol.  He knows my mum is I'll, but not the full instance of it. 

But as my hubby has said we have years ahead for a holiday together. 

Thanks for the reply. 

• Oh, that's such a shame but thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"