My husband's suffering

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi,

Literally joined this site today and stumbled across this group. 

Having read some of the heartbreaking situations I can actually relate to many.

My husband of 44 struggles to eat and drink, coughs and vomits and if he does manage to eat is in agony for next couple of days while his body digests it. Been prescribed Buscopan. Currently has thrush in his throat and mouth and a chest infection. 

It's just never ending. 

Just a sending love to all the carers out there looking after loved ones who are fighting this awful evil disease x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Leeismysunshine

Just a little hello....my heart goes out to you it honestly does......I'm sitting here writing my card to my husband for our first wedding anniversary on Sunday with tears in my eyes...... Just over a year since his last surgery for male breast cancer and which we got results of on my birthday at the time now I'm here again but it's much worse this time unfortunately and I feel like I'm staring into the gates of hell.... We're very quite private people who really overspend time with each other unfortunately no children and my only family are a sister who doesn't care and an elderly mum with dementia.....I'm a medical professional and this is a curse and makes it worse with knowledge I'm so terrified and fear the gap and crushing impact that will happen to my life without him. 

Hope you can find strength and even momentary comfort form people here. Biggest hugs xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi, it can make us feel so helpless and utterly useless to watch our loved ones suffer so much. Its just not fair. But staying calm and steady will at least be a reassurance and there is sometimes joy in small moments of respite.

Tinsel, my mum is my only family and she hasn't got long left. I'm 37, unmarried, no children (by choice). The prospect of being so alone is quite frightening and also quite a strange feeling, I think. 

Hugs to you both x