A bit embarassing

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I know this sounds pathetic but I really miss intimate contact with my husband. For over 40 years we had a strong sexual relationship. Because of his drug treatment we now cannot have unprotected sex. We tried condoms but not satisfactory. I am thinking of just going for it despite any bad effects for me. Is this crazy?

• I can't really advise you on this but I can understand a bit how you feel. Four years ago my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer; he was immediately started on hormone treatment. It seemed that almost overnight his sex drive dissappeared as you can imagine this was very upsetting. It felt like a double whammy, not had he only just been diagnosed with incurable cancer but now the pleasure of sex had been taken away. For me it's the lack of intermicy I really, really miss. Like you we have been married a long time and are very close, we talk about everything but it's not the same as a sexy cuddle. I do hope you get some helpful answers x

• this is also something that we me and my partner have gone through.. he had his whole pelvic area removed.. so sex and intimacy are a thing of the past, but im just grateful to still have him here with me.. he is 21 years older than me.. so i miss the sexual side of the relationship a lot more than him.. but we have grown closer in other ways.. even watching films and playing trivial pursuit.. and we talk and laugh a lot more.. i hope things work out for you x

never give up hope
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can I just say 'bravo' for raising this issue. It reaffirms why I and many others use this forum because its a safe way to ask questions you don't always feel you can ask and who to anyway? Hope you find some support here xx