Widowed Friends Group, Northern Ireland

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 124 replies
  • 25 subscribers
Hello All. I wonder if I might tell you about a Friendship Group Meeting for Widows/Widowers that we are planning to hold in Belfast on Saturday 14th September. This is simply a group for men and women who have lost their husband, wife or partner and would like to meet together with other people in the same position. We are "testing the waters" to see if people are interested or think there is a need for a group like this. If you would like more information, please check out the contact details on our website - www.wfni.co.uk, get in touch with us and we will provide further details. Thank you all, best wishes, Lorna xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I went back to say I would be interested in attending.  It says its an informal drop in so I'm guessing anyone can turn up on the day.  I do hope to attend so if you come, I'll hopefully see you there.  I live in Belvoir Estate in Belfast so its not far for me to go.

• FormerMember

Hi Jeanette, I have e mailed her and said I would be interested in attending the meeting so hope to see you 

Jenny

• FormerMember

Hi

I lost my husband in Aug 2016 to esophageal cancer. Is there a group that meets up in Belfast 

cmj

• FormerMember

Hi , The next meeting in Belfast  is on Saturday the 1st April, the group meets in the Creagh Libray  at 10.30 am. I hope to see you there. My husband also died in July to esophageal cancer in July 1915.He had the operation for the cancer but the operation went wrong and he spent 6 weeks in ICU at the city hospital before he died. I am always here if you ever want to message me .

Jennifer
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great idea but too far for me East Anglia England, but lots of luck x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi can you tell me please if there are any groups like this still  going as I would be very ibterested in going. thanks.kate  

• FormerMember

Hi Kate,    Their is a group that meets in Belfast at the library on the Creagh rd . The next meeting is on Saturday 1st April @ 10.30 .If you need any more information you can message me .  Jennifer

• FormerMember

Hi Jennifer I would be interested in going next Saturday if that is ok . I lost my husband 7 weeks ago and feel so lost without him. I would be coming from Lisburn but not sure where the library is - is it on the castlereagh road or the cregagh road? Do you know the post code? Thank you. Kate

• FormerMember

Hi Kate, The library is at the top of the Cregagh rd its on the left hand side  there are a small group of shops on the right hand side .You take a shape left into the road to the library at the first set of lights there is a sigh post saying Cregagh library.. I live in Ballynahinch not far from you I am in Lisburn 3 days a week when I go swimming. I am 18 months down the line and I still at times find it very hard.I still talk to him everyday and tell him how much I love and miss him. I went to cruse and it did help.I know you will find it very hard and you will be lost .You can message me any time.

Jennifer 

• FormerMember

Hi Jennifer and thank you for the details. It seems so hard to imagine the rest of my life without him as it seems so empty without him. I have two sons who are working but still live at home - they are 19 and 26 and it's great to have them with me but I miss my husband especially at night time and at the weekends as we used to do things together and today was horrible as it was a beautiful day and we would have been going out for a wee drive. Will you be there on Saturday as it would be nice to meet you ? I did go to Pilates and Zumba but haven't managed to get myself back to them yet. I'm not a great swimmer but that's great that you do it three times a week. My friends are really supportive but very often when I'm out I feel so lonely. I phoned cruse but their waiting time is 4 months which is a long time. I actually found a grief management course in a church in Lisburn and was there on Thursday and found it was good. I'd try anything that would help but I know there is no magic wand unfortunately. Thank you for saying I could message you. Kate