Widowed Friends Group, Northern Ireland

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 124 replies
  • 25 subscribers
Hello All. I wonder if I might tell you about a Friendship Group Meeting for Widows/Widowers that we are planning to hold in Belfast on Saturday 14th September. This is simply a group for men and women who have lost their husband, wife or partner and would like to meet together with other people in the same position. We are "testing the waters" to see if people are interested or think there is a need for a group like this. If you would like more information, please check out the contact details on our website - www.wfni.co.uk, get in touch with us and we will provide further details. Thank you all, best wishes, Lorna xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Nana Terri , My name is Jennifer I could have coffee with you but not till after Christmas as I am going into hospital in November for a hip replacement  and I am not allowed to drive till then. 

Jennifer

• FormerMember

Hi Terri

My name is Kate and I’ve just picked up your message tonight. I am part of the lunch group that go out for lunch every month. The next one is in Clenaghans in Aghalee just outside Moira  ... it would be lovely if you could join us at 1.30 as we have booked a couple of extra places. You probably have no idea where it is but if you could make your way to Lisburn we can meet you as there quite a few members of our group in the area. This weekend 11 of us are staying in the Shandon Hotel in Portnablagh and we are having a fabulous time. Look forward to meeting you 

Kate 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Excellent idea!

Wish I could come, but  Im isolated in the  middle of the Pacific ocean and its a bit too far, although have never been to Ireland and 1/4 of my heritage is there...

Best,

Millie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Is this group still running.. 

• FormerMember

Hi Lmk, the group still runs  on a Sunday once a month we have lunch in  different locations .If you would like to come get in touch again and I will put you in touch. Or I can meet you for coffee .

Jennifer

• FormerMember

Yes, I would  very much like to come as I have isolated myself 

• FormerMember

Hi, Would you like to go for coffee or for the Sunday lunch .I would have to add you to my link on this page .

Jennifer

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Lorna. How did the group meeting go? Are you planning another one soon?. My name is Dolores X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi my name is Karen and I live in Belfast. My husband died suddenly in June 2019 and I would be very interested in attending an event like this. I have lots of good friends but am so lonely without him. 

• FormerMember

Hi Karen  my name is Jennifer if you would  like to join us for Sunday  lunch I can put you in touch  with the group. It is one Sunday  a month lunch is usually  booked for 1pm. I have now been on my own for nearly  5 yrs at times I still  find it very lonely  and I still talk to him and give off to him.One of the reasons  we picked a Sunday  was we all found it a lonely  day being on are own . Jennifer