Now I know why I rarely come to this site. Preferring Sue Ryder.

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

When we want to respond without a word we have the choice of  an up 'V'  or a down 'V' How unfeeling is that despite the recent so called website update. On Sue Ryder we have the Heartbeat icon. MacMillan just don't get it do they ? 

• Hi ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Online Community. We're sorry that a feature of the site might have caused you any distress. The up and down voting buttons are a feature which came with the new platform, which will be removed. As we mention in our Community News blog about upcoming improvements to the site, we will be replacing the up and down voting feature with 'reactions', such as sad, hug, love, which we know lots of members have requested.

It's important that you and all our members feel welcome and supported here on the Online Community. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at community@macmillan.org.uk if you have any further feedback or if there's anything we can help with. 

Best wishes,

Eliza

Macmillan Community team

• Thank you Eliza,

I'm sorry if my post came across harshly. It was never intended as that. Anyway I now find I'm using MacMillan more and more these days. 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hello

Thank you so much for your kind reply. Eliza isn't here right now, so I hope you don't mind me responding. 

I'm Steph and I work alongside Eliza in the Community team. We're really glad to hear that you're using the Macmillan Online Community more and more these days. 

Although we're sorry that circumstances bring you here at all, we hope you find the Community to be a safe place of comfort and support. 

As Eliza says, it's really important to us that Community members feel welcome and supported. We're here for you if you ever need any help using the Community. You can also contact us with feedback, if you need to report a technical issue, or if you need help finding the right support from Macmillan.

You can contact the Community team in lots of different ways.

-by email at community@macmillan.org.uk 

-click here to start a live webchat (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)

-by posting a question in the Technical Help Group here

I hope you feel comfortable to get in touch with any questions, or if you need help.

Kindest Regards

Steph
    Online Community Officer