Christmas cards

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi everyone.  Christmas cards are starting to arrive, addressed to me instead of Lynn & Peter.  My first Christmas without Lynn, not sure how I’m going to manage.   Although I am lucky my son is staying with me which is really helpful at the minute and I will be visiting my daughter who lives up north over Christmas so grateful for that.  

• I had a couple at the weekend too. When I get round to writing the cards I intend to write Lotsalove C & Sandra Heart I don't think I'm ready not to include Colin in giving Christmas greetings this year.  36 weeks  since we lost him now and I miss him far too much Disappointed relieved

Make sure you wrap up warm Peter it gets cold up here by 3pm Smile

Tomorrow is another day
  • I had a couple today, just with my name on, i have written a few and put my name and  X

You will both get threw it if only in a daze, i did last year 8 weeks after he went, to be honest i went to my daughter, but could  not wait to get back to my own home with my own thoughts, with a glass in my hand.

As that is what we both used to do, then went to bed and shed a few tears.

I kept saying to my self Christmas morning it is just another day.

Take Care Ellie x

• Yea i have had some with my hubbys name on ,its 4 mth now since he passed but im fi ding it hard this time of year ,wonder if it gets easier after the first christmas without him,i doubt it  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

BootsyD, lovely idea adding Colin’s initial on cards what a thoughtful way of remembering Colin Blush

Yes, definitely putting my thermals on when heading north although I need them on in Cheshire today, burr Snowflakex

• Hi Jebel

I lost my wife 16months ago. This year I told everybody Im not doing Christmas cards  anymore. They seemed quite happy with that as they no longer have to send them to us; whoops just me alone. Disappointed relieved

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• No it doesn't my second Christmas and it still hurts like he'll 

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

My lovely hubby passed away 3 days ago. Of all the things that I’m struggling with one was that I had written all our cards except two, one for my stepdaughter (which he always liked to write) and one for our 6 month old grandson. I left them out for him to write and he kept putting it off. 
    Yesterday I had to write them myself as I didn’t want them not to have their cards. At the same time my stepdaughter and her husband had bought us a Christmas decoration for the tree saying ‘first Christmas as nanny and grandad’. She still wanted me to have it but was scared of upsetting me.

This is so tough. My poor hubby was just 52 with so many fun times ahead of him. We’re going to raise a glass in his memory. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

So sorry to hear of your loss.   The first few days are a daze, just take any help people give you it looks like family are supporting you well.

My wife Lynn was also 52 when she passed away, 52 is young these days we were so close even before her illness.  It’s so not fair.

Take care.

Peter x

• Colin always wrote the cards for his lads, all grown men now! I'll probably sign them  D & S (Dad & Sandra) the card today from 2 of the grand-girls had Nana and grandad on the frontBlush I was happy with that Heartpulse

The bauble is a treasure for you to admire and cherish for a long time. 

It's really early days for you and you have so much to deal with but it sounds like your step daughter will be there to help all the way. 

It's a rough ride this thing called 'life'   like you we wanted to do lots more things, retire together and make it to 80! Fate decided differently Blue heart

Keep your strength up xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • I've just received a lovely card from a neighbour that says.. "With caring thoughts at Christmas Time" and a nice printed poignant verse inside. 

I never realised they sold Christmas cards for people where Christmas is not the best time.