Struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 68 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I lost my husband in June during lock down to bowel cancer. It's now 5 months on and I'm still finding it very hard to accept. With all these restrictions it's difficult to try and move forward. My parents live abroad so seeing them is a no no. I miss him terribly and can't see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm told it will get easier.  Michelle X 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Martin,

Yes chatting with you has been a great help today. And I appreciate you taking the time to talk. I also hope it's been good for you to? 

Work does take your mind off things. It's still there but it's not at the front of your mind. Long days for you then. Do you have family close by or close friends?

Take care

Michelle. X

• FormerMember

Michelle

yes been nice having chat makes a change not talking to myself I have plenty of time

im use to the long days 

I have two brothers and my mum live near me one brother will ring me during the week if he has time my mum will ring me later the other  brother stop talking to me when I kept talking about how I felt so got myself some counselling 

friends only at work my best friend died three years ago of throat cancer 
    so I know all about the loneliness 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Aww Martin I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My dad had stage 4 throat cancer. Fortunately he survived but can't swallow now and is fed through a tube in his stomach. But he is alive. I have a brother who I have not spoken to for over 5 yes. All families have their problems.

Take care

Michelle. X

• FormerMember

Michelle 

sorry about your dad my friend was always their for me I had to drive the kids back to Scotland ten years ago he had been out of hospital for two weeks after heart surgery and came with me I use to call ll him duchess because I found out he went drinking late in a gay club then he started to call me princess we had a laugh together  he was my best man at the wedding at the register office he said marry me instead I said it abit late to ask me now JoyJoy we had a good laugh together I met him at work when I transferred back to Luton from thetford depot I was based their for a few years 

I have two sisters one I have not seen since my dad’s funeral 8years  ago I see the other one I she goes and stay at my mums  did you eat dinner tonight??

take care 

Martin 

• FormerMember

Hi Martin,

He sounds like he was one in a million. It's such a rare thing to have friends like that. Thetford is not to far from me. My dad is doing ok. Yes I did eat tonight. Not loads but something. Have you eaten? 

Take care

Michelle X 

• FormerMember

Hi Michelle 

he was if we went out he would not make drink knew why I did not when he was drunk and his he Called his girlfriend little buffalo I had them in the car flat out and made him dance to ymca that was funny 

I’m glad your dad is doing okay must be hard for him and your mum and you 

my daughter was born in bury st Edmunds so she was a Suffolk girl but talks Scottish lol 

bury st Edmunds Is to be a nice town to walk round 

had porridge this morning two sausage rolls about two and two pieces of toast for and we must not forget the big bar of chocolate not a lot but I have eaten I know I have lost weight stood on some customers scales only weighed 77kgs that’s with my steels and cloths on 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Martin, nothing wrong with dancing to the YMCA. Done that on many occasions. As I'm told it doesn't matter what you have eaten as long as you have eaten something. I have also lost weight but do not own any scales so wouldn't know how much. Just know I have gone down a clothes size. Yes it was difficult on us all with my dad especially as they live in Spain. But he had brilliant treatment over there. Bury is a lovely place. Going there next sat to meet up with one of Steve's aunt's. Im an Essex girl born and raised. My family are all EastEnders. But I moved near Felixstowe when I met Steve as he already had a house here. The travel to Colchester every day for work I'm used to now.

Take care as always

Michelle. X 

• FormerMember

Michelle 

straight down the a12 then I seem to remember from Felixstowe to Colchester a14 to bury  everything in my head I remember when all I had in the truck was a cb and a map no satnav lol 

remember it’s like Phoenix you come back out of the ashes after you have been through this brush your self off

he had good treatment in Spain that’s great like I said earlier when Covid calms down you can go and see them have some time out 

as long as you eat a bit it’s okay I’m a lot better usually just can’t be ask to cook something 

my mum was born in Clacton then moved to Norfolk my dad work on a farm I was born in Hertfordshire and I’ve lived in Milton Keynes lol 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Martin,

Very small world as I lived on Clacton for 27yrs. No drivers never had the luxury of sat nav then. Steve must have had a good 50 road maps. It amazed me how he managed to drive abroad. He drove the middle East and Europe in his time. 

Take care

Michelle. X

• FormerMember

Michelle 

ive got one now when I did nites for week I needed. It  up a1 across a14 up m6 then m42  then down m40into London back to Luton 600 miles a nite 

years ago ask another drive he would tell you how to get some where Middle East drivers were the best they were Steve was a good driver 

stay at st osyth on holiday as a child my mum brought me my first fishing rod their lol their is so much in my head  

i must go to bed now got to get up early but I will talk to you tomorrow if you want me too 

night try and go to bed and get some sleep 

take care stay safe 

Martin x