Struggling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 68 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I lost my husband in June during lock down to bowel cancer. It's now 5 months on and I'm still finding it very hard to accept. With all these restrictions it's difficult to try and move forward. My parents live abroad so seeing them is a no no. I miss him terribly and can't see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm told it will get easier.  Michelle X 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

That doesn't sound strange at all. I miss the holidays to. We loved going to Ibiza and had some amazing holidays there. Unfortunately I don't do boats so a cruise was never for me. A lot cabin sounds bliss. We also used to AVE a week at my parents in Spain. Yes the simple things are the best. A cuddle on the sofa was my favourite. But just a coffee in a cafe was just as good. But they are the memories that we will always have and for that I'm thankful. 

Take care

Michelle. X

• FormerMember

Hi Michelle 

I hope having a chat on here is helping you too 

when we went on the cruise the first time I thought I’m not going to like this but it’s not like being on a normal boat you don’t really notice it we stopped in Ibiza on cruise the other year she needed to go find a shop when we on shore to get Nescafé lol 

you can go to Spain when COVID calms down again to see you parents 

you are Right cuddling on sofa in front of tv or just going for a coffee in town the simple things are best as you say memories will never leave you  

take care 

martin x

• FormerMember

Martin,

It is helping a great deal. Talking to people who know how I feel. When it happens to you you, you feel your the only one going through it. Then realise your not. But it I'm talking to much please don't be afraid to tell me. We always need our home comforts when on holiday. Our thing was tea bags. Lol. Tea never tasted right on holiday. 

Take care

Michelle. X 

• FormerMember

Michelle 

talk as much as like I’m doing the housework lol even tho it does not really need doing lol but I still do it  

it’s the water the tea abroad never tastes the same  do you like what I call proper tea nice and dark or week tea that’s the question 

I was with Diane ten years and I have x wife too two children daughter of 20 son of 26 they live in Scotland with they mum that’s where she went off too when she left me  
    when Diane died I went to some dark places  so I know how you feel and decided I was jinx lol  

take care 

martin x

• FormerMember

Martin,

I have done my housework. Making a cake now. My brother and sister in law are popping in later. I was with Steve 10yrs. Married 9 next month. We were only together a few weeks when I moved in. And we married less than 11 months after meeting. Steve had been married before but sadly his wife passed away. I have a son of 29 from a relationship a long time ago. I was 18 when I had him. I am a real tea pot. I love my cup of tea but not really strong. Just normal. Lol 

Michelle. X 

• FormerMember

Hi Michelle 

what kind of cake you baking just being nosey I start they day off give up then start again lol 

anniversary can be a hard  at least you will have some company this afternoon what time are they coming round do you see you son much or does he live with you 

I’ve got a tea pot in the cupboard never use it lol 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Martin, 

I have made a good old fashioned fruit cake and some chocolate brownies. They are for my brother and sister in law. They will pop round tea time. It's Steve's younger I. Like you he is one of 5. No my son lives in Colchester with his girlfriend. But I see him at least once a week. He has been great.  I always start things stop then go back. Can't say I have ever used a tea pot. I get up at 4 ish and leave for work at 5.45 and have 3 cups before I leave.

Take care

Michelle. X

• FormerMember

Michelle 

you are not eating any of the cakes then have you eaten today 

Colchester is busy place it’s good you have your son and Steve’s family 

alway have a cup of tea when I get at 530 in the morning then porridge make my flask of tea lol when I get to work have a cup of coffee Then I’m ready to see what kind of day I’m going to have lol 

take care 

Martin x 

• FormerMember

Martin,

No for some reason I love making cakes but never eat them. And no I have not eaten as yet. But they are staying for something tonight so I will then. Never been a big water in the day. Yes Colchester is very busy. It's my home town. I would imagine like my data at work you never have 2 the same? Work is my saving grace. Always loved weekends but would rather be at work now. I love our home but it just feels empty. The laughter has gone. The memories are here though. 

Take care

Michelle. X

• FormerMember

Michelle 

the loneliness being home is the hardest thing but having a chat has made it easier for you today I hope 

I do visit the same places most days the customers have returns then the others  can be different and I have had areas I don’t know because of COVID 

work keeps you busy no time to think suppose I do 11 hours a day sometimes 12 but I’m out of the flat so not so lonely 

take care 
    martin x