I miss the physical.......

• 14 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I am missing the physical touch, comfort and yes -  sex.   My partner had really big ears and a big wonky  nose - I miss rubbing his ear lobe and stroking the side of his nose and face.  I miss being touched and hugged.  He was 6'3 and in his prime a right big unit at 20  stone. .  Not  having other family or children am rather starved of physical contact - and with covid I dont really get to cuddle or touch anyone. 

Rather to quick to get in with a bear hug if any friend is willing - but not in a clingy, 'get off me' , 'stop grabbing my leg' sort of way.   I am a bit of a Tomboy and my partner and I did lark about a bit - so I miss being prodded in the ribs at the exact point he knew I hated, or he'd suddenly sneak up behind me and lick the side of my face like a giant dog - I hated that too, and would return with playful dead leg or something.

I also think that the randy old goat side of him has been turning up in my dreams or as a saucy ghost visitation.  Cant tell my friends that - so here is likely the only place I can say this.  I think what dies with the person is the sharing of so much intimacy that no one ever knows about or sees, and sometimes it all feels too big to hold as an alone person. 

Awwh shit......, crying now. 

• Thank you both. 

Life is for living and I am glad we are all doing it again 

Xxx

• Lizzy and I are certainly "doing it!" LaughingLaughingLaughing (I could be in a whole heap.of trouble for that!)

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Following your message I've decided tonight to write all those memories down, all those things I can't share with anyone because they're too intimate, and it's a great idea. It is very sweet to go bacBlushk to all those memories! Blush

• Devin  - good for you - I think there is a balance between preserving and holding onto what is lost and missed to , and then having energy for the outer world. .  Some days missing what was between us is too big.  BAlancing looking outwards and onwards as well as managing the inner hurt is a bit of a job sometimes for me - glad on days where I can look ahead, sad on days when I cant. So getting her bouncy skin and other things written down sounds like it honours your feelings for her and your relationship - I cant help feeling slightly robbed of time. My partner was 61 so all the plans we had on going part time, spending less time on work, retiring and having time together just went.  Shame as the relationship felt like it was getting better and better - but at least we had that. 

Embarking on new ventures- hats off to those having a go. I will stick with the Moto Guzzi for the moment