Hellooooo!

• 9 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Is every1 ok? It's been quiet on here for a bit No mouthI am missing my invisible friends Worried

xx

• LOL  still lurking, all  the groups i belong to are the same.

Have been since  the upgrade There are still problems with it that they are sorting out. Are you ok, i have been busy in garden at 10 and finished at four, so much to do when you become a one man band,

Dreading the winter coming,   at least we have had a good summer.

You doing ok i hope.

Take Care Ellie xx

• Hiya Ellie Hugging I have been missing the connections from here lately. The upgrade has been a right pain in the derrierè Wink  I am ok mostly, today I had am appointment with the nurse practitioner who helped us in the early days and he offered me a sick note- which I declined, and said he will refer me to the local hospiThumbsup for Macmillan counselling. Not sure what I  need really.  The grass needs cutting and 1 of Colins lads is coming to do that job in exchange for a bacon sarnie ThumbsupI live in NE England but Darlington isn't on the list of lockdown towns...atm!! So at least can see the grand-girls Heart eyes

Stay safe xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • Bootsy

Your so right was always some one about, i am sure some form of counselling could help you have nothing to lose really.

I have just started with Macmillan with a phone buddie, had my fourth call last night.

They started the project in march for people going through cancer treatment, and what with losing Tom i thought i would give it a go,

After an hour on the phone last night talking about everything and at times we had a laugh, i so miss laughing, he used to make me laugh every day.

I hope you stay out of lockdown, the whole world has gone crazy this year,   along with our own worlds being turned up side down.

Going to be a bit cooler here in the SE, being of week was so hot.

Hope others start to drop in, this is the only outlet some of us have.

Take Care Ellie x

• Evening Ladies

It is weird how everyone goes quiet at times. The new site isn't helping I had to make a new profile as locked out of the old one!

my counselling was through our local hospice and with two of the Gp's, i found it really helpful and as they say nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thursday done - happy Friday both !

Lizzy 

• Lizzy these people at the hospice, have they experienced what we have?  I feel that if 'that person' hasn't  been there that they won't actually get it. Do you know what I mean? X

Tomorrow is another day
  • Morning Bootsy

The counsellor at the hospice was more someone to "sound off" to so I guess no she didn't really understand the impact of the cancer journey on the person left behind. 

My Gp's on the other hand were there for me from two directions  - the one had talked me through the medication and care i needed to give at the time (we had no care package because of coronavirus) then he provided counselling after and as his Dad had recently passed away from cancer yes he did understand. My other GP has known me over 25 years so he did the general "grief" counselling  teling me what to expect and now if i need him is doing the "lets get Lizzzy back" side.

I have been so lucky with my support but its a case of finding the right type/person for you 

Lizzy 

• Hi Bootsy

Still here! I thought it was quiet too but I also think it is because of the changes!!!

I am good. Garden has been chopped back and pruned! Decorating finished. My daughter had her 17th birthday this week. A fairly quiet affair. Work has been busy, all the private patients want their operations! I have been pretty social with friends. Hoping for a quiet few days off now,! Need to catch up on housework!

Having a quiet sit down at the moment! 

Hope everyone is else is ok 

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• I'm knocking around! But dont go in as often as I should again due to the farting about you have to do..

I've also been slightly occupied meeting for coffees and days out with someone...

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi all

i log on read the post don’t always say a lot  

counselling I did over the phone gets it all out  until I fall apart again lol. I’ve got a week off from work this week thought I can go fishing for a couple of days make a few phone calls I need to do 

but not the same  by your self got to be positive people say 

have the counselling bootsy 

Ellie I’m not looking forward to the winter 

take care 

Martin x