Remember the good times

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

It was my husband’s birthday this week. Another first. He died 10 months ago. It just gets harder. If one more person texts me to remember the good times I swear I will go mad. Do they think I have amnesia that I don’t think about him and our life over the past 34 years. That I don’t remember everything good and all our rows and the time’s we were there for each other through deaths of relatives or worries about our children. Do they think I don’t remember the hardships when we had no money or the pure joy of him crying when he saw our youngest child born. Do they think I don’t remember his arms around me holding me and loving me. 
I know that no one can understand how we feel unless they go through it themselves. I know they say it to make themselves feel better because they don’t know what else to say. My friend text thinking about you. That’s enough. Not that hard really if they stop and think. 

• People can say the crappiest things....... and good you are here to vent and say what cant be said in response..  I got royally pissed off when people kept telling me that we needed to lay down good memories in the lead up to him dying-  got right up my nose. 

I do like it when friends offer a memory of my partner - but I am with you on not appreciating being told to remember the good times.  Hard time with his birthday this week - warm thoughts -