A feeling your loved one is close by

• 18 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hello, i joined this group last week after sadly losing my wonderful husband of 45 years, i cant  begin to say how much i miss him the emptiness is dreadful,  i have found this group a great comfort and being able to message others going through the same torture as inam. I hope this doesn't sound strange but has anyone felt there loved ones presence in any way  or has some sign from them.i  had a strong feeling this morning that my husband was in the room, maybe wishful thinking. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi bluebell53, what your saying doesn’t sound strange, although I haven’t felt my wife’s presence.  However,  if you feel your husband is there with you and this gives you some comfort that’s a good thing.  How I keep Lynn close is her ashes are in a casket next to my bed, along with her wedding ring, earrings and her favourite necklace.  Nothing will bring my Lynn back, l miss her so much.  Take care.  Peter 

• Hi jebel, thank you for your reply, as you say nothing sadly will bring them back but we need to get comfort from somewhere to survive, i miss my husband so much, hopefully we'll find some peace as time goes on,  I do find comfort in this group,  take care.

• Dear Bluebell. When our loved ones pass over to spirit they attempt to tell us they are happy and at peace. My darling wife Anne was able to do this for me. Coins appearing in odd places is a common sign. Ive had many coins left to me, mostly always dated 2000 or 2016. I cant find the significance of these dates. Following that phenomena Anne left me white feathers. Two that appeared mysteriously in our bedroom and others popping up in the garden and along  my walks in the country. The feathers are not so prominent now although a week ago I found a tiny white feather fluttering in a spiders Web and another sticking to the hairs on my arm whilst in a garden. Shortly after a white butterfly flew around me and briefly settled on my arm. But if people look for signs they won't manifest. Any sign will appear when we least expect it. Finally like you Ive felt my Anne in the bedroom. I had tingles aross my my face then a tap on my hand which made me jump. Now days the touches on my cheek make me smile. So no. Its not wishful thinking Bluebell. You are loved.

Love and Light 

Geoff x

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hi Geoff, thank you so much for sharing with me your experiences , how lovely  it must be feeling your hand being touched by your wife Anne, and knowing the feathers are a sign from her it must be very comforting gor you, i hope i too have more signs in the future,  its still very raw for me, only a week, the emptiness i feel is dreadful,  i hope in time i can find peace.    Take care.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hi Geoff, I’ve found your post fascinating as I have found a lot of white feathers since my beloved husband passed. He always knew I believed white feathers were a sign from loved ones that had passed on. I found two feathers on both our sons wedding days which I believed were from my Mum & Dad who adores their grandsons.

How I wish I’d feel my husbands touch again or sense him in the house. Maybe one day I will. 

I haven’t found any coins either just a few things that I couldn’t find, turned up in unexpected places. 

Take care

P x

• Hi Kernowap

I have felt like a tickling in my hair, less often recently but I think that is because I have scattered him and he is free. His little sister died a couple of weeks ago and I think he could be helping her too. 

My main thing that makes me know he is watching me is the way my garden had flourished and I have had an iris suddenly bloom that did nothing for a few years and a foxglove next to a small part of him in the garden which is both white and purple! 

I believe his cat senses him too. 

I have had white feathers but I have had these since my first husband passed so I think they are him. I have seen a robin a couple of times, that will be Ric. 

I like to know he is around but I also like to think he is a free spirit and at peace

Love and hugs

Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Hi Alison,

I found your post really interesting, I’ve had the ticking feeling in my hair, I thought it was a draught! 

A Robin was hopping around our garden the day after the funeral, I did think it was my husband popping back to see us but only seen it the once,

Rather strangely this afternoon I was sat sobbing my heart out & telling my husband how much I wanted him back , when my back door camera pinged....I checked & a butterfly had flown up to it, landed then flew off. I like to think my husband was telling me he is still with me. 

His garden looks a mess as I haven’t the strength mentally or physically to do it. He loved gardening, I detest it, so I’d love to see some of his flowers bloom. 

Its only 5 weeks since he passed so I guess early days but, I’ve honestly felt more tearful & down than I did before the funeral. Most days I can’t see a reason to get out of bed. I hope these horrible feelings will diminish over the weeks, months, years ahead. I don’t think I can face the future feeling this way .

love & virtual hug

KP.xxx

• Hi Bluebell, 

im so pleased you have had this feeling and that it has brought you comfort. I asked my wife to come back and show me signs if she could, I don’t personally believe in that but I would also find it comforting if something occurred and made me think. 

Up until last week, I had not heard about feathers, like Geoff has mentioned, until a nurse mentioned it to me. I’ve not seen any but if I ever do it may help me too. 

I’m glad you’ve seen signs and hope they help you

Take care

Nathan

• Hi  Nathan, 

Thank you, yes it did bring me comfort,  its only early days and still very raw for me.  Ive not heard of white feathers being significant  but its  nice to hear others are also experiencing signs that help them.  Take care

• Hello Bluebells,

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and hope that you are keeping well as can be.

I felt my husband giving me a hug very early on, weeks after his death and then nothing for a while. It felt very comforting at the time.

I now, some 20 months later, randomly smell flowers when there are non around!

The first time this happened was in a yoga class and unrelated to my husband's death. I could smell marigolds and it reminded me of my grandmother who died a few years ago. Again, it was comforting and felt she was nearby. 

There have been a number of times when I enter my bedroom recently, I can smell flowers. I sense a closeness to my husband. As you say it may be wishful thinking, but it provides me with comfort. I know my husband has died but there must be something more to life. I just sense a closeness and it makes me smile. And, yes I do miss still my husband.

Whilst I am here, I may as well mention my robin story. On my first holiday without him last year, I trekked up to a waterfall. When I got there and sat down for 20 mins or so enjoying the views, a robin stayed very close to me for the duration. It was a moment I will never forget. 

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx