Out and about

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello everyone.  I would like to share some experiences I have had over the last few months, all unsettling and anxiety provoking.  It would be interesting if anyone else has experienced this.

My wife and I did nearly everything together particularly shopping or going out in the car I drove since Lynn didn’t drive due to a mild brain injury.  These days shopping usually starts well, such as picking up my trolley then entering the store.   So far so good.   My eyes scan for Lynn’s physical presence around me or down the aisle out of habit, then I get hit by a wave of grief and intense loneliness as the reality sinks in.  I’m on my own.  Lynn’s gone.   The sadness is indescribable my eyes well up with tears, but I realise I have to get used to it moving forward.   Does anyone instinctively look for their wife/husband/partner when out and about?  My feelings are made worse when people around me are with their spouses.

Peter

• Hi Peter

Only when i go to our local shops, more so when i  approach the local chemist as he always picked up our medication, as i approach  i do say to my self Tom will be out in a min, the same as i think he will be home soon been out a long time.

Take Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi peter i find shopping very hard at the moment i also look around and see couples just getting on with there lives and i do get envious of them i do find that shopping one of the hardest things for me at the moment i look forward to the day i can   meet up with people and just talk about how we feel keep in touch all the best Reg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Peter. I don't find myself looking for Andy, but I have realised that every single thing I do I am still waiting to show it to him. In the back of my mind, all the time, is what he is going to think of it. All day sorting things out, cooking, cleaning, in anticipation of his return, when we can enjoy everything together.

Of course, he will never return, and that is when I realise I am living an absolutely pointless life. 

I am not feeling better as time passes, I fear it is all getting much worse, but people are getting a bit fed up of me now, so when they ask how I am I say "fine". Then they can forget about me with a clear conscience.

D

• Hope you can see the picture  Heart eyes

Tomorrow is another day
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BootsyD

morning the sun is shinning  lets all try to stay strong our loved ones are looking down on us and would be saying come on you are strong  to push on god bless to you al Reg

• Good idea Reg. I am having a day turfing out a couple of book cupboards as I am decorating next week.

Yes I do look for Ric sometimes, he would disappear in shops! My friend says she finds making decisions hard, I miss ringing him when I am at work at txting. 

But we soldier on. 

Have a lovely day everyone

Alison xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi, nobody is getting fed up of you here.   Everyone gets exactly how you feel in this space.  Dear all I really appreciate people giving their messages yourself and everyone else here.   Love the picture BootsyD very true.  

Today I bought and cooked mince beef for my greyhound, she eats better than me!  It’s safe to say it didn’t touch the sides, now taking her for a walk so she can read the weemails left by other dogs.  

Peter x

• I know what you mean.  When I see some1 wandering around like I do at times I wonder if their partner is at home or are they in the same situation as me!! Then when I  see couples who aren't holding hands I  wonder why not - then those who are holding hands make me feel jealous because Colin and I always held hands. Mccmcc wrote something like this a while back in a post while people watching, I can't quite remember how he put it but this kinda sums it up. 

Enough blah blah Slight smile try to enjoy your Saturday night x

Tomorrow is another day