Felt sad today...

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Actuallly, felt very sad today. Today would have been our 2nd wedding anniversary (although we were together for much longer). 

Last night I was in the garden, lit a candle and had a cry.

I went to work this morning but my mind was not into to it so left work at lunch time.

The positive side in me decided to have a pamper. So got my hair cut (after 3 months or so!) and had a pedicure. It did lift my mood somewhat and now, I am on my way to a pub to meet a friend who I contacted earlier today to see if she wanted to go for a walk. It will be nice just to talk about him.

You just don't know how you are going to feel on anniversaries etc. There is a massive gaping hole in my life.  Going forward, I think I am just going to have a day off. Feel what I need to feel! Plan to do something nice, even if that is just a walk in a nice park etc. or a last minute pamper.  I hate to plan, so more like, just plan to take the day off and go with the flow. Dont know why I went i to work this morning?

Tomorrow is a new day! Just felt the need to share.

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• Dustie

You are only normal and have the right to feel  what ever the emotion that day brings.

Though you had a nice paper why not made you fill better. Have a extra drink  for your hubby, enjoy your evening with your friend and yes tomorrow is another day.

Take Care Ellie xx

• Thank you Cath.

I did not even have a first anniversary!  it is one of my few regrets that we did not get married sooner. Probably contributing to the emotional state I find myself in today.

The time I had with Richard - I would not change! It's made me the person I am today. He was trully inspirational. 

I am not much of a drinker since he died but definitely will have a glass or two. Anyway must go and cheers!

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx