Hubby passed away

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi my lovely hubby passed on 20th May. Just doesn’t seem real. I just can’t imagine life without him after 56years together. I’m going through the if only and why didn’t I. I’m dreading the funeral on Friday 19th June. It’s a horrid time to be burying a loved one as we can’t give him the funeral he so deserves. I’m scared of the future. 

• I'm so sorry for your loss, this is a good place to come and post about your feelings and worries. It's a group we didn't want to join but we all try to support each other. We are all on our own journey and at different stages but we all understand. 

I cannot imagine how you are going to deal with the funeral but you will. We find the strength from somewhere. The future will come, one day at a time, 

Be kind to yourself, I'm sure you did everything you could, we all feel like that at times. 

Take care

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hello, please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. Its the one thing we all have in common here.

I joined this group after my partner Carla died on the 5th of May this year. I have found a huge amount of comfort in the interractions between myself and all the members here.

It is likely to be one of the few places you can visit where we all know how you may be feeling. I think we all do the "what ifs" I have and think I will for a long time.

I wish you well and hope you find some comfort from us guys..they are a great bunch here and have helped me enormously.

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Sorry for your loss. It is a horrible time all round.

You will manage the funeral because we have to. It will be hard but you will do it .

Take care, keep writing here.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• So sad, will be thinking of you on Friday. You have  a safe place here on the forum non of us want to be on. Sending heartfelt wishes.