I am really struggling with the death of my husband on the 20th of March 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi,

thank you for replying, I really appreciate it take care 

Mandy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Virtual hugs from me too. I lost my husband on the 23rd of April. My whole world's crumbling, I cry everyday. I can't see a way forward yet but I know there is , it's just reaching that point that's so damn hard. With love. Mandy x

• FormerMember

Hi Martin, 

Sorry for your loss, your right my mood changes from hour by hour, and I’m finding it so hard, Sadly its something we have to go through, 

take care 

Mandy 

• FormerMember

Hi Mandy 

thank you when I’m busy at work it’s easier no time to think  music can make it kick in but like every body says keeping busy help 

try to get into a routine I’ve found don’t go to bed to late  and  make sure you eat  not binge eat like we all have been doing lol  the weekends seem worse and when I get home at nite  when you walk in and they are not there 

it’s not been very long for you now  but we are all here to listen to you rant and moan remember one day one week at a time 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Hi Martin,

I have started back to work, and all that you have said above is so right, busy in work, but when you walk through the door is horrible, and weekends. But I do try really hard to be positive, because I think we are lucky that we wake up every morning to see another day, even if we are lonely.Thank you for replying take care 

Mandy

• Hi Mandy,

Well done you for returning to work. The first time you walk through those doors is really hard, but you've done it now and each day will get a little easier and it is definitely a distraction for a few hours.

Ali x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to AliG55

Hi Ali,

Yeah it was hard but something that I needed to do or I thought I was going off my head, and it is a distraction for a few hours, hope you’re keeping well take care. 

Mandy

• I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you have family and friends around you who, even when there is no physical contact possible at the moment, are there for you in every way they can. And I am glad you have found this group here as it is so helpful for all of us to be here and to be able to share.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds.