Such a simple thing

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hope everyone is doing the best  they possible can. Well it is coming up for seven months since my hubby left me, omg hardest time of my life, and a lot of others on the group.

This lock down is doing my head in, so alone not lonely, need human contact and touch just a hug.

Most of all i need a laugh he used to make me laugh every day, do not think i have not laughed for such a long time.

Some days i did say to him give it a rest i am fed up laughing, now i just need a laugh, costs nothing but would mean the world.

Have been feeling sorry for my self last few days and have never been like that in my life, always the strong one but no more.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Ellie xx

• Hi Ellie

yeah it’s the lockdown that makes it even harder for us all.

especially when you live alone. If I didn’t have the cat I don’t know what I would do. He follows me from room to room and watches with interest what I’m doing.

ive been doing bits of decorating to keep me busy. 
    I know what you mean about laughter, we would be laughing all the time, we would often come out with the exact same thing at the same time.

most of the time he would be laughing at something I said, I have blonde hair and I am blonde sometimes lol. He would shake his head saying ‘unbelievable’ with a little smirk on his face. Then he would throw his arms around me and say, your good for my soul.

when I’m going about my jobs, having some distaste’s, I laugh at myself and think he is around laughing and shaking his head at me and it makes me feel better.

enjoy the rest of your day, it’s a nice night to potter if you have a garden or a nice walk to admire other people’s gardens.

much love

karen

Grief is the flip side of love
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ellie 

you are right it is very hard for us all I’m still within lockdown got this week off tho it been four months for me now and I struggle every day  work I the only reason I have to get out of bed  I’ve done decorating now too 

if I sit and laugh at tv I feel guilty about it sounds stupid I know  

yesterday I had to to the shops for one of my neighbours to get some compost I saw a lady struggling with some compost ask she wanted a hand and she said no got to do it myself when I get home  and I said I know that feeling. 
    I feel sorry for myself loads go for a walk does not always help but have to keep trying just want to give up some days 

take care 

Martin x

• Hi Ellie

yeah it’s the lockdown that makes it even harder for us all.

especially when you live alone. If I didn’t have the cat I don’t know what I would do. He follows me from room to room and watches with interest what I’m doing.

ive been doing bits of decorating to keep me busy. 
    I know what you mean about laughter, we would be laughing all the time, we would often come out with the exact same thing at the same time.

most of the time he would be laughing at something I said, I have blonde hair and I am blonde sometimes lol. He would shake his head saying ‘unbelievable’ with a little smirk on his face. Then he would throw his arms around me and say, your good for my soul.

when I’m going about my jobs, having some distaste’s, I laugh at myself and think he is around laughing and shaking his head at me and it makes me feel better.

enjoy the rest of your day, it’s a nice night to potter if you have a garden or a nice walk to admire other people’s gardens.

much love

karen

• Ohh I’m not sure why this has came up twice!

maybe it was one of my blonde moments and I pressed post twice without realising! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ebony12

Hi Ebony and Martin

It is a good job i have a garden, i am not aloud out just yet,as i am  vulnerable, incurable cancer, so got to be careful.

Hubby was my rock kept me going,did not expiate him to get diagnosed, and he only got a short journey.

We both supported each other, would so much like my ids to come in, but tomorrow is another day.

How is the decorating going, i have not got the energy for that bad enough trying to keep his garden the one he would want.

We all get our off day's going to be nice tomorrow, well here it is, so will cut the grass  why does it grow so quick lol.

Take Care Ellie 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Ellie

you keep fighting the big c Ellie don’t give up  I never expected my wife to have it and go so quickly either   Your life get turned up side down  I try to keep busy   Then I think what point of keep struggling a long  

i hate the loneliness  I find that ever body forgets you after a few months and gets back on with their lives   I would rather be a work  the days by yourself seem very long sometimes. 
    The flat decorated now got to find some more jobs lol 

have good day tomorrow  Ellie 

Martin x

• Oh Ellie.

sorry I did not realise about your diagnosis. 
    Yes we all have our down days but we have to keep plodding on and try and stay positive.

People tell me that I’m strong, I don’t think I am.

I just think what’s the alternative? There isn’t any really so you have got to make the most of what we have been dealt with. 

Decorating is coming on in fits and starts, but that’s no big deal. Before I met my husband, I would cram far too much into a day and had to get things finished in a tight timeframe.

He taught me how to relax, take time out and that’s it’s ok to take longer to get things done. I helped him also, he opened up and told me things he had never got off his chest from his past relationships and was able to box them off.

We helped each other, he was so content and at peace with everything when he passed, we built each other up and I will continue on my journey taking him with me and when I come across a problem I will ask myself what would he suggest and I will make the right decision with his help.

I hope you manage to get the grass cut, take it easy. 
    gardening is so rewarding but so much hard work.

much love

karen