How to cope with the loss of your partner

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 65 replies
  • 26 subscribers

i found myself in a place where I was the happiest I have ever been in my whole life. Then my partner got diagnosed with terminal cancer and she unfortunately passed away in November. I am still struggling to come to terms with that and I don’t know what to do to make things seem even that slightly bit easier. Some days I feel like I don’t want to carry on because then I can be back with her. I have tried to get some help to talk to someone about this but when I first tried to get this help it was nearly a year wait to see someone. Obviously now there’s no chance of seeing anyone with the current situation. I am finding that hard too as I see reminders of her all over the house, which I never want to forget, but being on my own I just sit and think about everything.

this is the first time I have used anything like this, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to anything that could help? 

• Hi Alison

sometimes people come through at times then not at other times. It did give me some comfort but as you know nothing takes away the pain of loosing our loved ones.

I agree with you with you that maybe if you get records it might open up wounds for you but again I agree that you, when you feel able, to write your complaint as that might give you some closure as they will have to investigate your concerns. 

I had orIginally  wrote to ambulance service, not to complain about crew but as to why ambulance could not find house.

They investigated and found that the ordinance survey people had gave the wrong co ordinated for our house, rectified now so I’m pleased I escalated it up to them.

there are a lot of elderly people around where I live and now the mapping system is correct for our estate I feel I’ve done something that could prevent someone in desperate need.

I’m so sorry you found your experience of ambulance/doctors different and I can fully understand your anger. I hope you get some closure on that I really do.

much love

Grief is the flip side of love
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I never, in my wildest dreams,thought I would join this group but after losing my husband last Thursday, here I am Sob

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

hello Mandy my heart felt condolences to you at this time of complete sadness and the passing of your man . safe in the arms .

• FormerMember

Hi Mandy 

sorry for your loss  shout and moan on here we will all listen 

take care 

Martin x

• FormerMember

Feeling sad,lost,tired, empty just a few of the things I feel today. My eyes are so damn heavy from crying. I hear him, see him in everything he did here.....sadness isn't the word I would use to describe how I feel.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ebony12

Morning Ebony and Alison,

2 weeks ago my councillor explained to me that I am not going to go through the bereavement process all the time my anger at the staff on that terrible night with my Angel Belle, is not being addressed by myself. I explained that we had other things to deal with such as the house, Xmas, my birthday, mothers day Easter and my Angels birthday. So I called my Angel Belles hospital social worker and she was brilliant. She was so apologetic that their letter of condolence and bereavement guide was sent 3 months after her death. I had to go through the whole night again so she knew why I'm making a complaint and how upset and angry I still am. She said she would get in touch with PAL to make sure that they can deal with the complaint during this covid-19 and responded on Friday that they can deal with it so I'm going to call them today and start the ball rolling.  Hopefully I can start to get rid of this underlying anger as I'm afraid that it's going to boil over and I can then start remembering our good times together.

• Hi dxaxster,

I know I need to deal with it. Ringing pals is not an option they have an answerphone which you don't get a very good response from. I tried complaining before Ric died, it had to be him. I told them.i was ashamed to have trained there with xn attitude to like that! 

I have now had the courage to write the coroner's statement and have a week off after this week so it is on my to do list both for myself and because I promised Ric. I only want an apology, improvement in their communication and for it not to happen again! My son thinks they will panic and think I want money!!! That won't actually help anyway!

But yes I will do it. The other thing that will help me is to be able to scatter him as I feel in.limbo.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• FormerMember

morning Mandy. sending you a virtual hug today I don't like to remember when my love had to leave. Its just so sad. hope you find some comfort today .

• FormerMember

Thank you so much. You too.x

• I’m so sorry for your loss, you will feel all emotions, you can share, rant, talk about memories etc on here anytime  and we will all listen and support you, like we do for each other.

sending lots of love and hugs.

Grief is the flip side of love