Overwhelmed again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 94 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Woke this morning  having been dreaming that my husband and i were travelling to London but we were in different cars, i parked but then i could not find him. I had no phone signal to ring him. I think this was the worst that i have felt since he died on 12th January. Just when i think i am doing ok things like this dream happen and i just hate this. Lots of well meaning people advise keeping busy but when you do stop it just feel like running into a brick wall. Thank you for listening.

Wishing peace and comfort for all in this group. xxxxx    

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi you are like all of us plodding through each day fall of pain longing to see  are partners one more time hold them talk to them  and it hurts ever day  you  can tell by what we all say how much it hurts and how lonely we are and life has stopped  Take care 

Martin x

• Hi all , you all sound exactly like I do. I am 8 months in like Andrea , and it doesn’t seem to get any better. In fact I hate to say this but it seems to be getting worse. Today I took the dog for a walk and cried most of the time , came home and went to bed for an hour .. no motivation to do anything, coming back to an empty house is just terrible. There doesn’t seem to be happiness in anything we do anymore, but we have to keep plodding on somehow. This to me definitely isn’t living. 
    Mike. 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to winmick

Hi Mike, 

I wish, I could say something comforting to you. 

Its good, you wrote down, how you feel and got it of your chest.

I hope, you feel a little bit better. 

Love

Andrea xxx

• FormerMember

Hi mike you are right definitely not living plodding through  when you come to a empty house put tv on for some noise sit down I sit down and say to myself I hate life it has no meaning and I don’t like doing anything  are two cocker spaniels were rehomed when my wife died because of me working have not got them to talk to either 

martin x

• FormerMember

Hi 

You are so right this is't living we are just existing from one day to another.

There is no laughter any more in this house, it is empty, quiet, i am not lonely { that's because i talk to myself} but i am alone.

We used to discuss what was going on in the world but cannot do that anymore, he would be in his element with the news at the moment..

There is know meaning to anything at the moment, get up go to bed and get threw another day.

Its five and half months here, its seems so much longer, then i stop and think i do not know how i have got  to this point with out him.

He was my first love and my last, and i his he was my life so how do you carry on with the life left.

I hope you all fill a bit better tomorrow.

Take Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie it’s only been couple of months for  me if  anyone knows the answers to stop us all ripping are selves apart feeling lonely and longing  when I go to bed at nite tell her I love her say good nite ask her to come home and see me for a chat even for just a hour and talk to the pictures 

We all can keep chatting together trying to get through this  and the comfort thing  do you all sit and eat chocolate like me 

Martin x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

Hello Geoff,

How did the fishing go? I hope, you had a good time with your son.

We are missing our loved ones, looking after them and being looked after. Caring for them and being cared for. Loving them and receiving love in return. Now its all gone. People say, think of the happy memories. But somehow the happy memories are being suppressed by grief and no one can tell us, how to overcome this. 

I hope, the evening is bearable for you.

Take care

Love 

Andrea xxx

• FormerMember

That last bit made me laugh, eating chocolate, i have been doing that every night since he has been gone.

It is the little things that we miss the most as you say saying goodnight, or good morning, i sat here the another night moaning at him about time you was home been out to long now, then realized he will not be coming threw the door.

He was a hgv driver and never knew when he would get in.

He made me laugh every day, and was always winding me up he did it on purpose and i always fell for it.

Giving me  a cuddle, holding me when i was down, he was my strength at times my hero.

Everyone is in the same boat and that is why this group is a great support.

Rake Care Ellie xx

• FormerMember

Hi Ellie  

my wife use to ask me what time I would be home ever nite  because am the same as your husband hgv driver I only do local so would home sort of same time but she would we have dinner late ever nite  when my days we’re stressful at work she would keep me calm and worry about me when it was windy and weather was bad  

I sometimes eat two big bars a nite  and cheese and biscuits in the middle of nite too 

Martin x

• FormerMember

They talk about comfy food, only used to eat chocolate on a Saturday that was out treats.

He used to work aboard as well hgv but i knew he was always coming home, yes when the weather was bad, but it never ever bothered him   he loved it, he always said if any thing happens to me sprinkle my ashes on the M25 and at south mins services, because i spent half my life on the roads

At the moment he is still here and will be for a little while.

Take Care Ellie xx