Bitter Sweet Memories.

• 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Oh how we loved with a passionPurple heart. How we tried to be so loving to our beloved  but on occasions  it was misunderstood. And how our loved one tried to be loving in return and that too was misunderstood by us. Thus arguments  between lovers are created. Yet in nature we all do need to be ourselves,  but so often that in itself creates conflict. Even so,  whilst this confusing process continues  the love builds stronger as the years pass by.  Two lovers  sharing their lives together among happy and blissful times. Yet still there is the gremlin of  intermittant bickering and rows with someone ending  up feeling  hurt. Maybe both feeling hurt. Things said and soon regreted. And then the sweet making up. Peace and love  prevailing  before the next conflict. Such is a loving and passionate  partnership. Never quite full sailing. Finally  one tragic day one of them sadly passes away and all the past memories are now  left with the survivor to deal with. Alone. Those times  we smile - even laugh. Then  the memories that cause us to feel deep regret, even guilt. And those memories where we beat ourselves up because now in the present time we can't understand how we could have behaved in such a fashion. But its all to late. We can't turn the clock back. Oh how we wish we could. How we wish we could  have been a better person to our sweet heart. Yet we were simply being our self. And our loved one was simply being themself. And were the current situation reversed, our dear loved one would be feeling exactly  the same as us as we look at their photograph and cry for all we once were.

Love and Light 

Geoff

• Geoff, your words are absolutely true in mine and Jens case anyway x

Love is eternal
  • So true Geoff, but aren't they just the ups and downs of normal married life. Nobody who lives with another for decades could have sailed through without arguments and recriminations, even over the silliest of things that seem so unimportant now but at the time made our blood boil! I know we certainly didn't in our 38 years together, but we loved each other faults and all and even through some our toughest times I always knew I would rather be with him than without.

So I try my hardest not to feel any guilt as this new life is hard enough without beating ourselves up for things that we can't change.

Ali x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Geoff,

Beautifully written and so true xxx