So lonely

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 25 subscribers

I haven’t posted anything for a while,just getting on with the normal things in life,But nothing is normal,its Seventeen months now and I seem to be going backwards..I miss Alan so much,all I seem to do is cry,I have lost all my confidence,I was always the organiser now when I do have decisions to make I get all flustered and worried.I haven’t been very well,had a nasty cold virus so thought I would do a online shop,don’t know how many times I chose things. Then changed my mind,it took me two days to complete it.then I worried until it came in case I had done it wrong,This is not the norm for me.Even as I’m writing this the tears are flowing I’m  feeling so down and depressed,and so lonely.And yesterday was my birthday, family did spoil me but it’s not the same.Next thing is our wedding anniversary in five days time,really not looking forward to it.Sorry for rambling on just felt I needed to post,Hope everyone is coping better.x.....Val

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Val,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my loved 1 September last year and I have lost a lot of my confidence at work, my community groups I support and in my social life. I know that I need to get it back so I have booked a week off work next week and arranged a full schedule of doing want I want to do that keeps me happy and positive.  

I'll be spending 2 days with a wildlife charity mapping out certain species habitats, a day leading kids on a nature walk in my local woodland, special 10th anniversary dinner with my local community group and then a day with my nephew.

I'm hoping by then that my confidence should start coming back by the time I return to work.

Know I'm rambling but I hope that this helps in a way that you may look at something you love like animals, nature, or looking after people as there's a lot of volunteering groups out there that would give you some direction to aim for.

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Val,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my loved 1 September last year and I have lost a lot of my confidence at work, my community groups I support and in my social life. I know that I need to get it back so I have booked a week off work next week and arranged a full schedule of doing want I want to do that keeps me happy and positive.  

I'll be spending 2 days with a wildlife charity mapping out certain species habitats, a day leading kids on a nature walk in my local woodland, special 10th anniversary dinner with my local community group and then a day with my nephew.

I'm hoping by then that my confidence should start coming back by the time I return to work.

Know I'm rambling but I hope that this helps in a way that you may look at something you love like animals, nature, or looking after people as there's a lot of volunteering groups out there that would give you some direction to aim for.

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Vall66.

Ramble on. This is what this forum is all about and thanks for it

I know pretty much what your going through because I feel the same. 

All on this forum do. 

Please ramble on. 

Xxx

• Hi Val,

I always feel more vulnerable when I am under the weather; which no doubt makes dealing with birthdays, anniversaries or indeed everyday tasks much harder.

Take care of yourself and ramble on as much as you need to.  Sending you a big virtual hug.

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you for your reply Djaxster,Hope your time with the wildlife charity helps,and maybe i will look into the volunteering........x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you for your kind words Rolf,...xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dutsie

Thank you for your reply Dutsie,your right it could be because I’m not fully over this cold I’m feeling more down,plus I haven’t been well enough to go out so haven’t been to visit the cemetery with flowers,I normally go each Saturday,So I’m feeling like I’m neglecting him even tho family have been there.......Val x

• Good morning Val,

I note I was not the only one that could sleep last night....

Be kind to yourself springs to mind. Try and take easy today. It is so easy to neglect your own health - I have been there and still frequently don't feel well.  However, I am getting better on this front. 

Try also not to beat yourself about your feeling of neglect. You have not been well. Give yourself a break and perhaps, times like this you can find a ritual to do at home to replace that feeling of neglect.

I buy myself flowers on a regular basis. I find arranging them and having them in my home cheers me up. I also light candles.

I know the above is easier said than done but hopefully it makes sense. 

Hope you have a better day today but if you feel the need to rant further then this is the place to do it. We all understand. 

With lots of love,

Dutsie Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dutsie

Thank you so much for your kind words Dutsie,I know everyone here is going through a tough time and adjusting to a life without that special person.yet still have time to support others.Tried to keep busy today but not overdoing it,my daughter is going to take me to the cemetery on Wed as it’s our wedding anniversary,Hope your day has been easier for you.love Valxx