Lost my partner

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 25 subscribers

It's been over 2 weeks when i lost my love.She was 34,we have been together for 19 years.I feel so down,can't cope with it.Last 2 weeks of her life was terrible,I remember every minute I spent with her,seen her suffering and her last breatheSob.Her pain was very bad,even the drugs couldn't control it.Still can't believe she's gone Sob 

• I am sorry for your loss Joseph. She should never have been in pain that must have been terrible to see.in some ways it was easier for me and my husband as he died suddenly and before was expected.

You are probably still a bit in shock still. Things will change and you will start to deal with things in time.

Take care xxx

• I am so sorry for your loss. And your partner was still so young and could have had a lot of life ahead of her and the two of you together. I can understand how distressing it must have been to watch her in pain. You are probably still in shock from everything. I hope you have loving support from family and friends around you and maybe in time you may find counselling helpful as well just to talk about everything?

I am glad you have found this forum as there are so many lovely people here who have gone and are going through what you are going through and I am hoping that you will find a lot of comfort here sharing yourself and knowing there is always someone here to listen but also reading from other people in a similar situation.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Thank you for replaying.I see her face everywhere,on my phone in the pictures even on the streets we used to walk.This cancer really hit me hard.

• Hi Joseph, so sorry for your loss. If we could heal you with the care and love on these forums we would, but if we can help at all with our words we will  xx

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

We got a beautiful daughter,she's a teenager.We both coping in different ways.She's trying go back to school.Her mood is changing every minute.I've tried to contact harlington hospice for counselling ,but waiting time is too long,GP doesn't help much.My biggest worry is if I see her again .I hope Pray I'll meet her up therePoint up 2

• Hi there, that's also my wish. Is it worth sskingif Macmillan have knowledge of any centres in your area for counselling or support. In Swansea we have a Maggies Centre  which would help, not sure if they are nationwide. Your daughter is doing her best to cope, you are there supporting her. I would phone your Gp practice again and ask if they have any more information that would be of help. When you are so down yourself it's so difficult to ask for what you want, don't let them fob you off.. I hope you get some assistance soon, x

Love is eternal
  • Your daughter may be able to get counseling through school. My son got some at college when his dad died. My daughter's school offer a counseling service. I have been offered counseling through work and from the undertaker service I used. To be honest I haven't even tried my GP, we had different surgeries, as mine is useless! Totally unsympathetic! They told me to go on line when he got diagnosed! 

Mind also do bereavement counseling for teens and adults xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Akela2516

Thanks for sharing your own experience, but because we live in London all the places are very busy. I've contacted Harlington Hospice and there is a waiting list for more than 10 weeks. The school doesn't offer any good support for my daughter. My thoughts are to look into private counselling because we can't wait that long. It's been only a week since my dear wife has been buried, so we need to see someone as soon as possible, if not then I will really struggle to cope in the future. Thank you for your support.

• I hope that things get sorted, take some deep breaths. Take things as they come and talk to us in this forum whenever you need to let things out. If you become really concerned  about your daughter  then back to the GP. Surely they have contacts,but I hope that the private counselling happens soon x

Love is eternal
  • There are on line forums and sites which also may help your daughter. 

My daughter is also swinging a bit with her moods! She is in her GCSE year too. She lost her own dad at 91/2 and now her stepdad. Life is not fair!

Hope you get some help too. Hugs to you both. Take comfort in your daughter. My two have kept me going xxx