bad days

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

today I decided to sort/tidy bedroom....long overdue since partner passed 10 weeks ago. Disastrous....found old cards with so many beautiful hand written words...photos i hant seen in along time where she looked so well and happy......have just sobbed and sobbed and feel like wounds have been ripped open.....any good days have gone and feels like day one again.  Am find this rollercoaster to hard and want to jump off it

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Witches

Know how you are feeling, i did that the other week.

Read every card i found i love keeping cars with nice words in them, i had xmas,  birthday and anniversary, i to sobbed , but also got some comfort, because the words meant everything, to me .

This year on our anniversary oct he was to ill to even write a card i gave him one, i found the one he gave me last year, and what i had wrote was exactly word for word what he wrote a year gone past.

I have boxed all the cards up and put them at back of cupboard, i can not throw them out, the kids can do that when i am gone.

It is so hard, i found sorting out some of his clothes easier than the personnel things., i found a receipt for my engagement ring, we where married 53 years i did not know he had kept it, i cried..

I tried to do an hour a day, a little at a time.

He  loved doing paintings in water colour paints have been threw  every one must have 200 they are special.

I found a photo of our engagement party  that took me of my guard how young we both was.

Try not to do to much at once, some things are easy to get rid of others not, his garden shoes, i banged two nails up and hung them up in our outhouse, they are falling part but they are him.

We all get days when it hits you right where it hurts, even a thought can bring you back to square one, i had that the other day, he will be home soon been out a long time.

I was then finished.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"