New to group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Now i am here i don't know what to say. I lost my husband and partner of 42 years last Sunday, it's only 4 days but it feels like weeks. I now have to learn how to be an adult  without him because i have been with him since i was 16. Supporting our our children and they are supporting me.He went too soon we thought he had longer. Worse experience of my life.   

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mabelmum

I am sorry to hear this very early days for you. I lost my husband three months now, we where together 53 years the  other half of me has gone.

I joined the group but ave only posted a few times but i read every thread, which has been a great help, in understanding what i am going threw is normal.

You will get great support here i just had to welcome you.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• Dear Mabelmum 

What can I say that will give you any comfort?  If you stay with our site at the very least you will find love and empathy. We are all walking that dreadful path of losing someone we loved beyond all words. 

Love and Light

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hello Mabelmum,

I am so very sorry for your loss and hope you will find this group helpful. Everyone is lovely here and you can always share or contribute to discussions and conversations knowing that others have gone through a very similar situation and are still going through it.

Love Mel.

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• My hear goes out to you...so hard this is a great group just post when ever you like and say what ever ..sadly we have all been there .

i am like you met my husband 4weeks aftrer leaveing school at 16 ..even now I lost him in sept 19 I still think he will come home miss him so much ..some days a bit better than others when the tears will not stop ..I looked after my Dad as well he passed five weeks befor hubby ...read my profile if you like 

always hear for you I was with hubby for 40 years and we have a 17 year old son x