Elvis Presley

• 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

My husband died 8 weeks ago. I scream howl cry shout swear sob sleep and do it all again over and over. I don’t know if it will ever end   I loved him so so much. My darling I miss you. If you could hold me one more time.   As elvis said he was my reason for living. Love so much darling.   Xx

• Hi owl58  we have all gone through this it is so painful and I'm so sorry for your loss my wife passed 6 months ago it's not as raw  but I still have meltdowns but here is a good place for support as we all have experienced it 

Ian
  • Hi Owl58

You shout and scream and do what you need to do we have all been there its almost 1 year for me since losing my husband of 35 years and still now some days i still want to scream.

I miss him so much it hurts.

But you will get through this keep posting and reading posts it as helped me.

Take care

Mary

Until we meet again x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My partner of 16 years died in May this year, I don’t know what to tell you but the way I seem to get through the days is to almost ignore it in my mind and not think about it too much because when I do, I feel like the saddest person in the whole world. We have a 3 year old and at first I had no idea how I would cope, if I could cope. But somehow we do. It is the hardest thing we will ever have to go through, and all I keep saying to myself is “if I can get through this I will get through anything and be stronger for it”. 

this is such a hard road, and my god it’s a long one, but I found when I am at my lowest, and I don’t know where to turn I just write on here, it does help, I am not one for spewing my feelings all over the place, but I find people so kind here.

take care of yourself, find somewhere else for your mind to travel to, I have found going back to work helped with the loneliness, but it still took me 4 months to feel ready x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I lost my guy in July. Christmas just makes it all worse and it’s his birthday too. I cry all the time. I wondered why I didn’t feel worse when he died. I wasn’t there. But now I feel empty. Hilariously I’m a psychologist I share my office with a Macmillan 

psychologist who is a lovely friend. Bu5 I just can’t tell anyone I am falling apart. Maybe I didn’t have long enough away from work. Maybe it’s just Christmas kicking me when I am down. I just cannot imagine ever feeling normal again. Yesterday for the first time in my life I felt properly suicidal. So desperate. I feel like the rest of my life I will carry this pain. I just miss him. I know it will feel less painful again bu I just need to get through Christmas. 

• I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t say anything to make it better but I just wanted to reach out to you. I’m also a mental health professional and about to get on the receiving end of therapy with some bereavement counselling. I wonder if it would be helpful for you?  I think it can be hard to ask for help when your job is helping other people. Look after yourself.

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm