May The Christmas Season Be As Good As Can Be For Everyone On Here

• 4 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi everyone.

So it's 18th December today and, a couple of hours from now, I will go to the airport and fly to Germany where I will first spend a couple of days with my best friend Katharina before going over to my parents and spend Christmas with them.

The Christmas season this year wasn't bad actually. I bought cinnamon oil at the beginning of December and have used it in the diffuser because I like cinnamon and I have always loved Christmas. I have avoided Christmas carols and songs where possible but when I hear them in a shopping centre or on the radio it's actually surprisingly okay, even though it did make me stop and fight back tears the other day when I came upon the Snowman which was Paul's and my favorite song, apart from perhaps "In The Bleek Mid Winter". I have met up with friends in the run up to Christmas and had drinks and fun with them, also remembering Paul of course. Particularly last night was wonderful as I met up with one of the nurses from the hospital where Paul was a patient for years, I had met her a couple of weeks ago in the hospital and she had agreed to help me to bring Reiki into the hospital and we decided to catch up over a glass of wine and it was lovely, absolutely wonderful. I can't say I am looking forward to Christmas, I can't say that I don't, it's a bit like everything: it just happens and, as I said here in a post in summer, the magic has gone out of things a little, so I don't have any strong feelings either way, but I know it will be as nice as it can be.

I would like to wish all on here, in case I am not checking my messages as much as I normally do, a good Christmas; may it be as good as it can be for everyone, it is okay and good watever it is because it is YOUR Christmas. May you all do exactly what is right for you on the day. And remember: It's only a day.

Love and hugs

Mel.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Mel,, it a bit daunting as it will be my 1st Christmas without my husband, I do have Family and Friends popping in for lunch which will be nice. But I agree the magic is not there this year, I too love Christmas and we always had such fun. I am going to try and make the best of it and just keep busy.

Hope you have a lovely time with your friends and Family. 

xxx

• Mel I hope you have a lovely time.

I will be alone over Christmas so not expecting much.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Wildcat

This will be my 2nd Christmas without my husband of 34 years ....I agree the magic has gone out of the event but I did find myself humming along to a Christmas song on the radio yesterday. 

My advice to anyone is on the day do what you feel comfortable with, if you feel you want to be alone then do that ....don’t put your selves in situations where it’s going to upset you more. To me it’s one day & a big lunch ...it will come & go and I can guarantee it won’t be as bad as you think....I agree these occasions are not as bad as the build up to them.

i wish everyone an OK day and a peaceful & healthy new year xx

• Hi I do agree if is only a day I had one today the family all got together with the grandkids who will be absent on Christmas day if was pleasant but now I'm home I have time to be missing my wife I have to do this again Xmas day put on the happy face till bedtime it is so hard when you're  heart is breaking and Holding back the tears

Ian