No enjoyment of food anymore. How strange?

• 6 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Since my sweet wife Anne of 50yrs marriage  passed on the 12th July this year from pancreatic cancer  I've found I no longer have any enjoyment eating. I used  to love biscuits, cake, chocolate and sweets. Now I have no appetite for them at all.  It's the same with meals. I only eat when I'm hungry. I choose a ready meal from the freezer  that has the most appeal and occasionally  enjoy it yet  simply out of hunger -  nothing else. However the most devestating part of my grief is over and I'm functioning on a day to day basis, snatching love from our two children when they visit once a week and finding myself entertained from the friends that I have. Yet food means nothing to me. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Light and Love Geoff.

• Hi Geoff. , yes I know what you mean, when I go shopping I buy the easiest things to cook or put in the microwave. My son comes down most weekends so I try and cook something for him. But during the week it’s like yo you something out the freezer, not for the enjoyment of eating but to keep away the hunger. Yes the devastating part of grief seems to be over. But the loneliness and emptiness of the house is still killing. We were married for 43 years.

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • I am the same I eat to keep alive no enjoyment out of it at all not as many meltdown moments or just learning how to control them a bit don't think I will ever enjoy food like I used to

Ian
  • Hi Mike 

Well said Sir. You hit the nail on the head Thumbsup

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Hi Ian 

So I'm not alone. Thanks for replying 

Light and Love 

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Geoff999

I know taste change especially after or during cancer treatment,it's a common occurrence, if at all possible use herbs and light spices not hot ones for taste.

• yep ,i too have gone from eating for pleasure to completely forgetting meals. they became unimportant. As long as we eat something, even if it is an easy option then we will survive. 

life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open and you walk into the glass