Hello Every One

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

My hubby passed six weeks ago after a short journey was only diagnosed 13th Dec 2018, 4 chemo's which put him in hospital for two weeks, then six weeks radiotherapy, that ended then he landed up in hospital for six weeks as the cancer had broken the sternum, two weeks at home then 5 days hospice where he passed. It was such a lovely place i cannot express it enough.

We where married for 53 years on the 1st October.

I was diagnosed with cancer 3 and half years ago incurable, and he has been at my side every step of the way,, had to go for my latest ct results last Wednesday on my own, was the hardest thing i have had to do, he always touch my hand and reassured me.

The nurse and my oncologist new he had passed and where so kind, but i was in pieces , but i had good results so i know he is still looking after me.

I  am finding each day seems to be getting, a little harder, but he would want me to now look after myself, and of course our grown up children ho are finding it hard without their dad.

I have just had a letter in the post from the Hospice with some words of comfort and i thought i would like to post them.

Miss me.............but let  me go

When i come to the end of the road and the sun has set for me, i want no rites in a gloom filled room.

Why cry for a soul set free.

Miss me a little, but not for long, and not with your head bowed low.

Remember the love we once shared, Miss me ...but let me go.                                                                                                                     For this is a journey we all must take and each must go alone.                                                                                                                    It's all the master's plan, a step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of Heart

Go to the friends we know and bury your sorrow in doing good deeds.

Miss me .....but let m go.

Take Care All Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"                        

• That is a lovely poem Ellie

I'm so sorry you don't have that comforting hand to hold, we have to be so strong, but it's exhausting isn't it.  

At your last meeting with enology I'm glad the news was good and everyone was sympathetic to you. It must have been so hard.

Sending you a big hug

I'm sitting at my son's bed side in the hospital. He broke his leg on Tuesday and had surgery on Wednesday. It's very hard seeing him struggle and be in pain. I also miss my husband's calming words and his arm around me. A hug would be great.

Take care 

• Ruby diamond x
  • Hello Ruby, I hope your son is making a good recovery from his fracture. Poor chap. But I am sure major things like this happening with our children make the missing even worse. My husband, Mike, would always be very calm and pragmatic, reassuring to me when I was stressing about something in our (grown up) kids lives. Now I’ll just have to think, ‘what would Mike say or do in this situation?’. But there will be no hug which makes me feel so sad. 
    Best wishes to you and your boy and hope he’s home from hospital soon.

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm