Life after loss

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Evening to everyone,

it’s been a long while since I visited or posted on this site.

It is now 20 months since I lost my husband after 8 months of living with Neuroendocrine cancer.

I remember in the first year believing that things wouldn’t get any better for me and that I would have to learn to cope with the loss and the void.

i was very pro active and wanted to try to help myself willing to try anything that honestly would hopefully make me feel like my old self again.

I joined a local bereavement group and although initially I thought it wasn’t for me , I continued,

I met some wonderful people there who despite there own bereavement were so supportive, one of these was a lovely man named Peter who had lost his wife of 45 years , we became friends supporting one another through phone calls and messages outside of our weekly group meetings.

After a while we both realised we were having feelings for one another and now at my 20 month mark I am engaged to this wonderful man who has made me feel alive again, yes we’ve had difficulties along the way but with understanding and love we have now found ourselves actually looking and planning a future again.

My reason for posting is to say that there is life after loss , never give up and always keep the hope .

I read a very similar post when I was first bereaved and I never thought this would happen to me , to find love  a second time has truly changed my life.

much love to all,

Pommy Mommy x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MelanieL

Lovely to hear from you Mel and thank you for your kind words.

It sounds like you keep yourself busy which is good,I often see your posts on social media so I can see that your doing ok .

love,

Pommy Mommy x