Funeral on Friday

• 12 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Dear online community, I hope no one will think this a rather ‘shallow ‘ question. If you do, just ignore it please.

My husband’s funeral is on Friday next week. Today  I’ve been writing the service with a friend who is also a celebrant and we’ve taken a celebrating his life approach. He was only 62, we were very happy, his was a short illness, horrible but oh so bravely borne, and I’m finding great comfort in happy memories. 

My question is this - what to wear for his funeral? I started off certain I wanted to wear black but now I am not so sure. It would be helpful to hear others thoughts. 

Thank you. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had my husband funeral in February of this year the Celebrant did an amazing job. So many people heard about a Bill that they never knew before. He died on 21st January at the Royal Marsden Chelsea.

One poem I found very touching was God saw you getting tired by Frances and Kathleen Coehlo. I liked it for the words rather than for reasons of religion . 

As to clothing I went with bright clothes but left it to everyone to wear what they though appropriate to them.

We miss them so much. 

Love

Lesley xx

• Hi Lesley. I had the same poem at my wife’s funeral, we also played supermarket flowers. 

Nice but sad. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx