Welcome to the Grief Club...

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 30 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi All

Sending you lots of love and strength today. 

My fiancé has just lost his battle with synovial sarcoma in the early hours of Thursday morning. 

It was so sudden as he only went in hospital on Monday for a routine blood transfusion. Unfortunately he developed an infection whilst in hospital and there was nothing else that could be done. He was 28 (I am 27) 

i know there is no book on grief or how to feel but any advice on how to get through life or the next few weeks until the funeral  a loved one would be much appreciated. I feel I have cried so much I have no tears left. 

Grace xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Wildcat

.How is everyone feeling today?

it will be one week tomorrow since I fell through the trap door and joined the club which no one wants to join by choice! 

It has been only a week but I feel I’m chasing my tail. I still have no idea of what’s going on with the funeral arrangements as Ryan’s parents could only get an appointment today with the directors.

I put make up on today for the first time in god knows how long. What for? I have no idea. My flat is absolutely sparkling because I have done enough cleaning to last a whole year. I tried to go for a ru. and only for as far as putting gym clothes on. 

I am so so bored for this life already.... I even contemplated dying my hair bright pink!! 

• Hello ghan.

Good to hear from you. 

Will you be able to have some input to the funeral? 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember

Hi Wildcat. 

How are you feeling today? 

Ryan’s parents have been wonderful and asked me what song or pictures I would like which I’ve given to them.

i am just waiting on tender hooks to hear what day the fu real would be. My mind is in overdrive thinking about my emotions on the day and after it. 

• Hi  feelings will be all over the place but probably like me a lot will be just a blur it's a very emotional time but it's something you need to do on this horrific journey

Ian
  • ghan. I'm glad that Ryan's parents are including you.

It's been sunny here today and we always went on holiday at the beginning of September so should be busy getting ready. Hope you sleep tonight. 

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember

I know how you feel.

we had a holiday booked for  the end of September too which I am going to gift to Ryan’s parents once the funeral is over. They need a break to try and gain some “normality”. 

The funeral is booked for 3 weeks today. I don’t know how to feel. 

• You will feel horrible it's shock if you can find some get berevment counsellings they might be able to help it's a hard journey you have all our sympathy and big hugs

Ian
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Newb

My husband died at the end of August and we had only been together for a relatively short number of years, we thought we had a future together having finally found each other and a most wonderful love. It is just a week ago that he passed away. I get comfort from a handkerchief dabbed with his aftershave. I am coping well on the one hand but recognise I am maybe in shock still and worry I am in denial and blocking emotions and then the fear of when they will come and how will I cope. 

• Hi Mouche. I am so sorry for your loss. It is such early days you’re body and mind will be all over the place. You are bound to be still in shock. My wife passed away 8 weeks ago and I am still in a daze. Just take one day one hour at a time. And just do what you want to do. 

Stay with this group we all try and help each other. 

Take care. 

Mike 

Love you always Winnie xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi 

i feel exactly the same everything is a shade of grey there is no colour I don’t know if that’s the grief affecting the brain but it feels very real

hollybush